I have made zentangles infrequently for several years, but always in black and white. Frankie's beautiful example for Tag it On had color so I decided to add color to mine. I had already made the zentangle just the day before the challenge using my regular Pilot pen. So I colored it with Prismacolor pencils. For the background I used a technique I just learned about from Fliss. I used distress inks in several colors. I then stamped a pattern on the inks.
Zentangles are mindless doodling. I guess you could possibly plan a zentangle, but mine generally are produced when I'm on the telephone, listening to a caller who likes to do more talking than listening.
EDIT: I think my zentangle may not be a true zentangle since it was not planned out as a design. I have been told that making real zentangles is not a mindless activity. Besides, I think the jagged parts may show how I was feeling while listening to the phone conversation. Analyzing these things sounds like it would be a very interesting psychological exercise.

Gorgeous zentangle tag, Faye!
ReplyDeleteFantastic Faye. The colour adds a nice touch. Hugs xx
ReplyDeleteLovely coLours.... I have been doing many more and not coloured them...I would not call them mindless though, hence "zen"!!! I certainly need to concentrate for some of the patterns!!! Thanks for your dreaming this week, again
ReplyDeleteFrankie
xx
awesome.. so fantastic with the colors... perfect!
ReplyDeleteYou know Fay, every time when I see tags, I wonder why I don't print my own work more often to make tags too !!
ReplyDeleteI thinks it's a "short of time" but when I (someday) stop working....I'll take my change :)
I did'nt know that you where so creative while hanging on the phone :)
This is fab Faye, the colours are vibrant and the intricate doodling super.
ReplyDeleteJen x
Terrific doodling, Annette x
ReplyDeleteLovely tag and I like the complicated patterns. Got to have a go at this!
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
I love the unique 'tangles' that you used on your tag. Don't worry if it's not a traditional zentangle. It's zentangle inspired art! I have all sorts of inspired art on my blog, sue's tangle trips. LOL
ReplyDeletehttp://suejacobs.blogspot.com/
This is beautiful... Wow!!
ReplyDeletexoxo doris