I'm revisiting "An Altered Journey," a DVD with Tim Holtz. I think I've had it 4 or 5 years and it has been a while since I've viewed it.
For Louise's Tag Tuesday challenge (friends), I used Tim's brayer embossing technique with metallic tape and some wonderful alcohol inks . The "dear friend" stamp is from Stampin' Up's Dear Friend set.
(scanned)
I decided to go sort of generic with these tags, not using an image (dog or person). One uses concave and one uses convex die/punch cuts.
Another view (camera)


Hi Faye,
ReplyDeleteOh these are gorgeous!! I love the technique and the colors--brilliant!!
XO
Hello Faye - hope you are well! Your technique really succeeded on these pretty tags!
ReplyDeleteI love this technique with embossed metal and alcohol ink. Great work!
ReplyDeleteFabulous tags Faye!
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw the thumbnail pictures I thought to myself "These look interesting". Up close they are brilliant. Well worth a re-visited Journey.
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
Your interpretation is unique and the tag with the inks is lovely.
ReplyDeleteSmiles:)
lovely colours there Faye, isn't it nice to go back to old friends in our craftstock sometimes.
ReplyDeleteYour tags are gorgeous Faye, I love playing with the alcohol inks. Great technique.
ReplyDeleteHow different they look when photographed, love both. Annette x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tags and love the Tim Technique! Diann
ReplyDeleteFabulous tags Faye!!
ReplyDeletexoxo doris
A cool idea, Faye, with the metallic tape. Love finding new ways to use the alcohol inks. It made a great focal point on your tag.
ReplyDeleteTim's videos are always so much fun; he's really a good teacher, isn't he? Cute tags with that technique, Faye.
ReplyDeleteWonderful tags, great texture.
ReplyDeleteFabulous tags Faye.
ReplyDeleteThese are lovely tags. The technique sounds very interesting.
ReplyDeleteGreat tags Faye! I love the colors too!
ReplyDeleteI like the use of metal Faye! I've never seen Tim's video. I bet its great!
ReplyDeleteSuch a creative idea.. I just love them..
ReplyDeleteHugs, Linda
Very classy, Faye!
ReplyDeleteRebecca
Great looking tags. Love the technique you used.
ReplyDeleteLovely tags, I love the look of alcohol inks.
ReplyDelete