OK, I know you're going to wonder: where is the stamp? Well, this is one of those failures that actually looks pretty good in real life.
I have been itching to try beeswax but I didn't want to invest in a huge amount if I didn't know what to do with it. So on my vacation I found a candlemaker in Arkansas who sold me a small dollop of beeswax. Today I tried it, but I didn't know what I was doing. How does one get the wax evenly over the surface???
While it was still molten I stamped my PSX stamp of 3 berries into the wax. That is in the upper left side of this card. I assure you, there really is a stamp there.
The purple flower has 3 layers of petals and I've used the numeral 3. Can anyone direct me to a reliable website with a beeswax tutorial?
This piece was done for Wednesday Stamper.

Wonderful 3 Faye !
ReplyDeleteFaye, this looks more like a keeper than a failure, well done!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful purper flower and great background, Faye. Nice idea.
ReplyDeleteYour beeswax creation is really lovely Faye! The combo of the lace, ribbon and flower are great too.
ReplyDeleteA heat tool comes in handy for evening out the surface, although I really like the texture you have going on. I also use a Clover mini quilting iron for smoothing and adhering images.
Beeswax really is a lot of fun, isn't it!
Faye, this is a fab card! Can't help with the technical details as I've never used beeswax, but yours looks pretty good. kxx PS thank you - your message did get through after all ... blogger must have been having one of it's 'moments'. LOL! kxx
ReplyDeleteIt looks good, Faye!
ReplyDeleteNo clue about the beeswax, but I think your card is great!
ReplyDeleteYou did a fabulous job Faye. I use a brush to put the wax on.
ReplyDeleteHi Faye!!! this is so wonderful....I love the purple ...wonderful work....also want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!!! Have a wonderful holiday!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Diana
Wonderful piece Faye!
ReplyDeleteI don't know nothing about these techniques Faye.
ReplyDeleteMaybe that Wil (from ACF) can help you ??
beautiful done!
ReplyDeletexxxSusi
I absolutely love your textured background!! what a happy accident :) I'm looking forward to seeing more beeswax pieces from you!!
ReplyDeleteLinda
How many times has that happened to me?! I too would love to know the secret to beeswax collage. Still, the finished result looks pretty good.
ReplyDelete