Saturday, November 14, 2009

Scratch It!


Saturday's Workout introduced us to a technique that has the underpainting making the design in the finished piece.

Please enlarge to see the elephant more clearly.




Here's how I made mine:

1. I used Moon Shadow mists to make a orange and brown background.

2. When that layer dried, I wiped on black acrylic paint.

3. Immediately, I took my new elephant stamp and stamped into the wet paint.

4. Next, I took a palette knife and drew the tree and bushes in the wet paint.

I left the background showing around the edges of the black to show you the colors I used.

12 comments:

  1. Well Faye I think it looks fabulous. Now that is a different way to do it. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Faye this is brilliant.
    Fantastic design.

    Thanks faye for your scratched entry to SaWo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye, your work is gorgeous... "Perfect"!!

    xox doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your work is wonderful! I love it!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, Faye! What a fun technique. Thanks for sharing your process. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic design faye and it looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting technique! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks great Faye, I really wanted to play in that challenge too! not sure where the time goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really clever and looks so good. Something else I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.