Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mixed Media Monday - Bedtime Stories


The theme for Mixed Media Monday is Bedtime Stories. I remember my mother reading her precious Billy Whiskers books to my sister and me at bedtime. She also read from The Dog of Flanders. There weren't a lot of fiction books in our house growing up but somehow we all loved to read. My grandfather, who lived with us, had only gone through the fourth grade. Even he loved to read and we often found him reading our geography and reading books.

This collage was made by taking a Dover image (the woman and girl) and a Graphics Fairy image (the 2 boys) and printing them off onto photo paper. The background is alcohol inks sprayed onto a piece of a shirt box. Some childish animal stamps,  some gold stars, and a daubing of ink around the edges finished it off.

18 comments:

  1. I love the image of the children and the background is so dreamy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye, this is precious! It's great how some of these challenges bring back such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Faye this is wonderful. Great colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faye!!! this is so beautiful!!! what a wonderful piece and I have to say I love the snow on the header you have...I can't wait for the snow to fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Faye! It's so nice to hear so many nice memories from people. Lovely colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful piece, Faye, so cleverly put together! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful piece you have made here Faye:)
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is wonderful faye! i love the sweet image of the mother and her children. i don't think there is a better image for the challenge than this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye, this image is so sweet and cute! Beautiful and enchanting artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I remember Billy Whiskers! This page is beautifully put together, Faye, into a seamless childhood memory. Good work! By the way, your blog banner is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's me back again, Faye. Now that I think of it, I think the book I had in mind was "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" about the goats crossing the bridge under which lived the evil troll who wanted to eat them.....another charming bedtime story!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this piece is simply wonderful! I love the colors, the images of the children and the fact that you put it all on a shirt box!? It is so clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful!!
    I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning. Brings back warm memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful rich colors, and excellent blending of the images.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.