Monday, September 6, 2010

Hot Colors!


For Mixed Media Monday I have prepared this hot-colored ATC. The background was made by spraying my work surface with various mica mists and dropping in some bright inks. Then I laid my card stock onto the sheet, picking up these wonderful hot colors. Next I looked through my stuff and found I had this gorgeous lady from Dezinaworld on my computer. She looked like she was holding a love letter so I labeled this one SWAK (sealed with a kiss).

24 comments:

  1. Wow Faye, that background is totally stunning, perfect for that beautiful lady
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ATC in great colours, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that technique have been making some backing papers the same way over the weekend. Yours is fab. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they are hot colours alright and what a stunning image. I love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yes, she's full of hot passion alright! I just hope her love is requited!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fantastic!! I love it!!

    xox doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background is fantastic. The colors are really hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This background is stunning! And the image too. I've visited Dezinaworld: it's a fab blog! Hugs. Miria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors you made! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In answer to your question re my latest tag, no this is not one of the latest swooshing backing papers. The ones I made at the weekend are on gloss card. So they are a bit bright.....lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a scrumptious ATC, Faye. Beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! Great piece. 1st time I've heard of mica mist - I'll have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  13. that background is sooooooo great!! i must try this, too! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your hot colours card Faye! The background is awesome and goes so well with the pretty lady.
    Beautiful work!
    June xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful piece with a pretty Lady!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Faye, You are such a sweetie! I always look forward to seeing what you've created too, and today's entry is no exception. This is such a strong piece that you should market her as a greeting card. The technique you've described awes me too. I'd love to try some mica mist in my mixed media paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's one red hot mamma, Faye! Lovely background for a very lovely lady.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Faye...what superb art!! The colors are a knockout!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it!! Have fun creating for me, ok???

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks fantastic!!! what warm colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Faye, I love this! The background is amazing - and the image suits it so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.