Monday, September 27, 2010

KIS, Gothic Arches, MMM

Today I am entering 3 challenges with these two pieces. The gold, black, and white on the left is for Keep it Simple. I used a handmade foam stamp, clear ink pad and fine gold embossing powder.

The Gothic Arch on the right is for GA and for Mixed Media Monday. The theme for GA is day and night. The theme for MMM is Art. Again I used a handmade foam stamp to represent the sun rising. The colorful background was made using natural inks I made from veggies and fruits. I thought it looked a bit like abstract art (art for MMM). The colors are actually brighter but I had to lightened the whole thing to make the text show up.

The foam I carve is about 3/8" thick. It is not the kind that our craft stores sell. I buy the door hangers and cut them into stamp shapes. The text was written with an erasable pen and embossed with gold e.p.

16 comments:

  1. Now that is so creative to make your own stamps Faye. I love your interpretations. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Faye. I love your new work of art! It's stunning the way you made the background! hugs. Miria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making your own stamps and your own inks! I'm totally impressed, Faye. Is there no end to your talent??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful entry for all of the challenges Faye- your creative zest is inspiring. Beautiful stamp art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on each of them. I just love embossing and do not know why I dont do more of it. Thanks for coming by for a visit. You are going to love your new cutter! I love mine and compared to my old one I am now in heaven. Let me know how you like yours once you get it.

    Hope to see you visiting again soon- Sherry http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed..not only do you make your own stamps but your own inks too!! Beautiful gold embossing, thanks so much for taking part at KIS this week (and for visiting my blog xx)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, Faye. Your 3 creations are very beautiful and great artwork. You are sp creative. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool arches, your self-made-stamp looks very "arty".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gold embossing, and you made your own stamps, very impressive. Thanks again for joining in the Keep It Simple challenge and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. inks from fruits and veggies, and stamps from hangers?! wow! very creative! i love it. and love the gold embossing.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Faye, you are so creative! What beautiful artwork! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at the backgrounds! Simply stunning, Faye! Love your art, the colors, the simplicity, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.