Art Cards has for its theme this week using a new collage technique.
I used a metallic blue, a light blue and an orchid color acrylic paints, pages from an old book, a picture from a magazine, gesso, black and blue India inks, china blue distress ink. After the pages, paint, and gesso I ran the paper through Cuttlebug. This is detailed on Kamino's blog, which is in German. I hope I translated it well enough to follow the instructions ok.
My entry isn't anywhere near as beautiful as Kamino's example. Be sure to visit Artekarten to see all the entries.
Another card I made using this technique is here.
P.S. I gave June permission to borrow the background to use in some of her work. Take a peek at Junibear's Jottings.

Faye~
ReplyDeleteI am so curious about this artwork. There is something very mysterious about it to me. Going to check into it further.
Loved your stained glass artwork! After viewing Cindy A. I was thinking about looking into this challenge and now Im convinced. Just gorgous Faye.
Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek and your kind comments about my school themed tag for tag tuesday. Please stop by for a visit anytime!
~Sherry
Well this is so very interesting. I love the effect. You have explained it perfectly, thank you. Annette x
ReplyDeleteOh this is fabulous, Faye!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love this and I love the cobalt blue stained glass too! And the story of your mom is unbelievable..she had to be a woman of strength and a source of inspiration...it is astounding after such a shocking event...how does anyone recuperate from such an experience? Your mom had to be a tremendous of inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Cindy
Beautifully done Faye. Would make another lovely background! (Hint hint!)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Hugs June xx
Your collage looks great!
ReplyDeletehugs,
petra
WOW this is fantastic. The colors all details, the brilliant look, love this.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining our challenge this week.
Hugs Anja
wonderful done Faye! Stunning card!
ReplyDeletexxx Susi
Such a pretty and interesting card. I shall look into this technique a bit more. Looks very attractive.
ReplyDeleteJanet xx