Textured Background is the theme for Saturday's Workout. This 5x7 canvas board was slathered with white acrylics paint. While it was still wet, I stamped a few of my stamps into the paint and made a few random marks. After drying for about 16 or 17 hours, I discovered it was still gooey in spots, so I used the heat gun on it. The next step was applying the several brown tones of acrylics paint and wiping off most of it. I decided to finish it off with the RAK (Hearts and Love stamps) I received from Louise of Tag Tuesday. I sealed this with a clear gloss acrylics sealer.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
SaWo - Textured Background
Textured Background is the theme for Saturday's Workout. This 5x7 canvas board was slathered with white acrylics paint. While it was still wet, I stamped a few of my stamps into the paint and made a few random marks. After drying for about 16 or 17 hours, I discovered it was still gooey in spots, so I used the heat gun on it. The next step was applying the several brown tones of acrylics paint and wiping off most of it. I decided to finish it off with the RAK (Hearts and Love stamps) I received from Louise of Tag Tuesday. I sealed this with a clear gloss acrylics sealer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gorgeous colour and texture Faye. This is really beautiful work
ReplyDeletehugs june x
ps have a lovely weekend
Gorgeous result Faye... I forgot about the wiping off!!! Love the tone on tone you achieved!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous example of it done right. Mine was a disaster to begin as I had used gesso & it toook forever to dry!!!
ReplyDeleteThis really turned out fabulous. Great colors in the background. Great texture.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous
ReplyDeleteHi Faye! Half your age indeed!!! Lol!
ReplyDelete'Polyfilla' is a trademark name for wall filler - much cheaper than artists' caulk and it dries in about an hour! You just spread it over your canvas with a plastic card (credit card, etc.), add your texture and set aside to dry! So it takes considerably less time to complete a canvas than it does to clip a Yorkshire terrier!!!
OMG this is absolutely unique.
ReplyDeleteIncredible structure and design. Love them.
Thanks Faye for your wonderful entry to SaWo.
you achieved a masterpiece!
ReplyDeleteA big aplause Faye.
ReplyDeleteWhat you make is a feast for my eyes to look at !!
Wel done!!
Faye, this is extremely beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous work!!
ReplyDeleteLovely piece, Faye - I had the same issues with drying time and had to leave mine overnight before completion. A good challenge in patience I would say!
ReplyDeleteA great use of those stamps, Faye! I love your texture piece. I wanted to try it but I was a little intimidatd. Looks like you nailed it:)
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous Faye!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Doris xx
Great that gorgeous background texture and coloring!
ReplyDeleteHugs Anja