The early part of the 60s was spent in Houston, where my dh was in grad school. This is me in the front of our duplex apartment. Note the hat and gloves! SoArtful challenges us to think back to the 1960s this week. It was a happy time for me. I think it may have been stressful for my husband. We had only one child at this time.
This is a black and white photo that I have tried to add some color to. For the life of me I can't recall that dress with the floppy ruffles. I do recall the flower bed of zinnias.

Ah, so wonderful, I love this!!!
ReplyDeleteYour photo Faye is wonderful and love how you've tinged it with colour. The sixties were a wonderful time, you look so fabulously elegant where I was wearing floppy flower trousers and top to match with loads of necklaces.....lol aah those were the days. xx
ReplyDeleteVery cool picture. Neat story too.
ReplyDelete:-)
Faye, you are bringing back memories. This is a gorgeous picture. I love the tinting. Thanks for joining me at Soartful this week.
ReplyDeleteჱܓ
ReplyDelete。°✿Amiga,
Passei para deixar uma abraço carinhoso.
Você, como sempre, muito criativa...
Bom domingo! ჱܓ
。°✿Beijinhos.
°º✿ Brasil.
º° ✿✿♥ ° ·.
Lovely to see you, Faye! You look like you are going to a wedding or celebration. It is funny what we remember. Zinnias or the dress. Got to be the zinnias!
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
Greta picture Faye!!! Love the outfit - very frilly!!! I wasn't born until 7 years later in 1968 but it means I was still around in the 60's LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteamazing love it.
ReplyDeleteLiebe Fay,
ReplyDeletedas ist ja ein wundervolles Bild von Dir und die Kleidung der 60ziger Jahre war schon genial und wenn man sich die Mode von heute anschaut kommt doch alles wieder.
GLG Irmi
You look gorgeous x
ReplyDeleteWhat you recall just shows what was important to you. Me too. My flowers and garden are such a joy. Visited your friend, Singer on the Sand and followed her. Veronica is doing well in therapy. Hope to see her this week, but waiting on someone to take me.
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your week Faye,
Coleen in Ukraine
Faye, what a stunning photo :) so so beautiful :) :)
ReplyDeleteOh Faye I was one year old when this photo was taken, you look so beautiful, the lovely stylish clothes and love the little touch of colour you have added, so elegant.
ReplyDeleteMarie
Faye, I LOVE this photo of you! You look so proper and feminine and stylish in front of those zinnias. I like how you added bits of color to it, as well. P.S. My mom lives in HOuston, and has since 1976. I lived there from '76 to '82.
ReplyDelete