Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No Electricity - no running water

I am at Starbucks to leave this quick note. The hurricane knocked out our electricity. Our well works only with electricity. We are using oil lamps at night. We are thankful that the weather is very mild and dry. I hope to be back in operation by Friday. I had to throw away many, many things from my freezer and my refrigerator.. :-(

9 comments:

  1. Am so sorry to hear your news Faye, thank goodness you are all safe which is the main thing. Sending you hugs, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're OK!! It's a shame about your power and losing food, but it could have been so much worse! Big hugs and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Faye. I am so sorry for you. We accept things like electricity and take it for granted. I do hope things will get back to normal for you very soon.

    Doesn't it grieve you to have to throw away good food too!
    Thank God you are safe.
    Love June xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye, I am so sorry! I hope that all is well soon.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, you have a lot of work now. Thanks God, it was not as bad as not announced!!???

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you dear Faye. I have been away on holiday and was wondering how you were faring. Let's hope the power is restored on Friday. It is a total pain to have no water and such a waste with the food.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeek! Hope things get back to normal soon for you Faye

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope things straighten out by you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Faye, I'm glad you're alright and I'm sorry to hear you're without power! I was terrified waiting for this thing to hit us this past weekend. Did not know what to expect. Thankfully, our part of town in NYC didn't get very harmed at all, considering the eye passed right through us! I wish you the very best there and hope your power's up and running again soon. xo Serena

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.