Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hats - TT

Hats is the theme over at Theme Thursday this week. I thought of my ancestor Sallie Rhea, who probably never left the state of Tennessee. She is shown here in her gorgeous hat.  I borrowed this lovely Monet painting from Dover Publications for a backdrop. This is a digital 4x4.

I just discovered some wonderful free clip art of Victorian Ladies in hats on Graphics Fairy

20 comments:

  1. Sally Rhea may never have left the State of Tennessee but she is very stylish and looks very comfortable in her new surroundings. Great work, Faye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Sallie knows she finally made it out of Tennessee! She looks quite elegant in her Venice setting, Faye. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is lovely. I am sure she would love the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to use a photo of a real ancestor (and not adopted one's like mine..LOL) Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so elegant Faye.
    This is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful work... Faye!!

    Hugs
    Doris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Faye. I could use a visit to Venice right now, even wearing that hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its beautiful Faye, love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful Faye, and the hat is outstanding, really good picture to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful,she looks like she fits right in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Mrs. Rhea looks so elegant.
    And your creation is lovely, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just Love how you add the family touch to your work, wonderful, Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your personal touch to this piece, Faye. It's delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun Miss Faye, I love you're Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sallie looks as if she's having a great time in Venice! Nice work Faye.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Faye, I love the personal touches you give your work by using your paintings and now your own ancestors! It just makes it all so much more meaningful. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.