Saturday, April 18, 2009

One Stop -Decorative Cuts in a Gothic Arch

Today I am using the image of Mrs. Sallie Rhea, one of my ancestors. Don't you just love the hat?
 
The arch on the left is done on a piece of dotted scrapbook paper that I sent through the cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots folder. The house is handcut from a sheet of paper I had misted with numerous glimmer mists and Moon glow products. Sallie is a transfer I did.

The arch on the right is done on glossy card stock that has had alcohol inks sprayed on it. I also did a bit of stamping with Purple Onion Designs stamps. The house is handcut from a card stock that I had used alcohol inks on and then run through the cuttlebug in a beautiful small folder. Sallie is a printed copy.

Gothic Arches' theme this week is Home is where the heart is. I figure Sallie was the heart of her home. One Stop's theme this week is Decorative Cuts. both pieces have a bit of gold trim from a gold Sharpie.

24 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, Faye! I love reading the crafter's journey from beginning to end of projects. If digital painting is a mystery to you, craftwork is a mystery to me, mostly because I have no patience and I am a messy person.
    I sent you an email about the misunderstanding . I am still chuckling because I thought my "quote" might have been offensive perhaps because clowning around could mean something else in a different culture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful arch. You have something in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - Faye !
    What wonderful arches !
    Great work !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape in an arch, Faye. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, as always! Great arches, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great work Faye and she looks quite at home *smile*
    Thanks for participating!

    Happy Creating,

    Aileen~
    otm@outsidethemargins.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both arches are lovely Faye, but I think my favourite is the one on the right. You have such interesting looking anchesters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Faye! I love how you incorporated the house shape into the arches! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the personal touch you've given it and the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Faye, what great arches, the small Cuttlebug folder you used is my favourite one, most useful, so effective with the alcohol inks you used!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two absolutely gorgeous arches Faye and a story to tell about them. I wouldn't mind a hat like that - mind you I'd probably look terrible in it unlike Sallie!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work Faye. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great photo's to work with Faye I just love them. Both arch's have a completly different look they are lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at One Stop Craft Challenge Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Faye, I love your arches. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic work Faye. Those areches are so effective and you've cjhosen beautiful images to go into them. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely to use your own ancestors in your craftwork it brings them that much closer

    great arches I like that alcoholic background

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutly stunning as always Faye. Thankyou for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.