Friday, April 24, 2009

Artarazzi


This beautiful painting, Girl with a Nest, by Charles Joshua Chaplin (1825-1891) was the image given by Femmy for us to use to create our digital art this week for Artarazzi. The image was so lovely that I didn't want to do much with her.  So I just changed the background and what was in her hand. I also used a gradient to change the look a little. The background was from  Dover Publications.

13 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I love the background and the subtle changes you have made, Faye. This is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colors and background Faye!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty, I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no clue about digital art, but this is gorgeous. love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL Faye! Thanks so much for the information about the artist too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You use frequently such splendidly backgrounds Faye ! I find them brilliant.
    Also that use of the gradient gives her a warm touch. Bravooo.
    *****
    And your Artcreations Friday tag.
    I see it also that we have the same thoughts about adding another cowgirl. (However I decided to give her a man on her side LOL)
    Annie Oakley I did'nt know. Again I learned something :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye, I happened to be cruising by and was stopped in my tracks by this beauty! I LOVE everything about it! What a beautiful background. Love the way you so artfully placed the basket of stawberries in her hand!
    I was so inspired I actually went outside my box and tried this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love the simplicity of it - the background is georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors and background Faye... wow!!!

    Hugs
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Luv how you gave her something different to hold. Brilliant & inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a pretty picture!! hi, you stopped by my blog a while back, and I just wanted to check in, and inform you that I am doing a giveaway. Yippee!! I hope you will stop on by for more info.

    Celita
    http://daysease.blogspot.com/2009/04/it-has-been-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely gorgeous background, and what genius subtle changez in the image! Bravo, Faye!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.