Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Backgrounds

For Tag Tuesday we have a guest host Pam, who has set the theme this week as backgrounds. Pam is a master background artist. Check out her blog.

My background for this is white cardstock sponged with alcohol inks and silver mixative, applied with blending solution. After drying the inks, I embossed the tag using a Cuttlebug folder. Next I took an ink pad and rubbed it across the embossed surface. I think it makes for an interesting background.

28 comments:

  1. Faye, your tag is gorgeous! I love the alcohol inks - the texture and depth of color is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background!! Love this look Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It surely does make an interesting background Faye. beautiful work, you are so clever.
    Hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey faye! hope u r well. this tag is simply stunning! simple & stunning. my kind of tag.

    happy holidays!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, that's fantastic. I love embossed backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love making backgrounds and yours is gorgeous Faye. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great wintery background and I like all your digi creations too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Faye, a wonderful tag, I love the colours. I sent also a comment to your website

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Sylvia, beautiful colours and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are absolutely right, it makes for a very interesting background. So full of texture and depth. Lovely colours used. Will check out your link.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,Faye.More than interesting background, amazing for the colour hues and the embossing effect! Hugs. Miria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tag and the background is beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that turned out very pretty. Hope you have a super nice week, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. This needs nothing more!!!!
    Beautiful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, it turned out beautiful!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much depth and texture as well as beautiful colors. Absolutely perfect, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your background, Faye! That embossing with the Alcohol Inks is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous tag Faye,love,love love it.everything about it is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this background ...
    Faye, your tag is beautiful!!

    xoxo doris

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very lovely, Faye! Very texture-ry
    (not a word, but it still fits!)

    Just beautiful.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Waht a beautiful tag, love the idea of putting it in an embossing folder.
    PS The kick card isn't thick to post it is an ordinary card but the front page is folded over to the spine at the front, but to post you just fold it in to the normal folded card. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tag is gorgeous Faye, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Faye, your tag is fabulous. I love to read about all the techniques. It gives me a lot of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tag Faye. You are the queen of technique. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.