Friday, June 18, 2010

Alcohol Ink on a Christmas Card for Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog

Cynthia of Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog wants us to work on our Christmas cards this week, using alcohol inks. Well, folks, since my husband has bought half-priced Christmas cards on December 26 each of the past several years, I haven't made many at all, even though I love to make them.

This card is done on glossy cardstock with the background being silver mixative, currant, eggplant, and slate alcohol inks. (The silver looks slightly yellow in this photo.) The Santa stamp is one my daughter-in-law found at a flea market so I don't know who made it. I used black Archival ink to stamp it on glossy cardstock. Around the zigzag edges I used Stampin' Up Crystal Effects and Stampendous Crystal Snow. I also coated the snowflakes with the same. I wish the photo showed the shimmer.

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely, Faye (although it's a bit of a shock seeing a Christmas card in June!). That's a wonderful stamp and the colours are very wintry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow one gorgeous Christmas card love the image, and your background is beautiful.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Faye I think you should make more Christmas cards if this is an example of them. They are so much nicer than bought ones and this is gorgeous. Thanks for playing this week Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card and I like the vintage image too. Your colour combo is very effective, thanks for giving details, it has gone into my 'little book' as my colour choices with alcohol inks are often yuck!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.