Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Three Muses Challenge



The Three Muses' theme this week is mail art. I have made a couple of my ancestors, Ben Rhea and Mrs. Sallie Rhea (related, but not sure how), into postage stamps. The embossed background was done using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The writing is a freebie from Rein.

21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to use family photos in your piece. They look very fine indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific creative design using family photos Faye- wonderful mail art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made it personal with your family..fantastic background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is wonderful.
    Stunning work Faye. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is soooo wonderful!!

    xoxo doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faye, I love your elegantly beautiful piece of mail art, especially those wonderful, original stamps. It's a pity we are not celebrities because there are now TV series here in Australia and also in the UK called "Who do you think you are?" where well known people are taken on a journey of discovery to find their roots, no matter what country they have to travel to or how many genealogists they have to employ. I love watching for the unexpected answers they sometimes receive. It would be nice to find out how Ms Rhea is related to Mr Rhea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great piece Faye!! love the personal touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faye this is beautiful, and so wonderfully vintage. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful piece, the cuttlebug background is very special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea and great piece, Faye.
    Love the original family stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply AMAZING, Faye! Love your take on the theme...just a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faye, this is truly so unique and creative. Your ancestors make great stamps, the background is perfect, and your work is meticulously done. Standing ovation from my corner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful work, love the cuttlebug background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely idea, Faye, wonderful personal piece to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your family postage stamps...what a clever idea! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stylish and very artistic! Love this take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats a very personal entry.
    Beautiful how you honoured your ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. brilliant idea, they look wonderful on a stamp and so intriguing. Would love to know the story behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very classical and personal (for using your family), really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this. I think using family photos was wonderful. Thank you for sharing them with us. I so enjoyed your creation this week.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.