Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Theme Thursday - Bookmarks
This bookmark was made in early summertime using petals from flowers and leaves from shrubs. The petals and leaves were pounded causing the "juice" to soak into the watercolor paper. I have digitally added the text. The theme for Theme Thursday this week is Bookmarks. (With all the bookmarks I own, I still usually use an old envelope!) The purple is Siberian iris; the red and the green are barberry leaves. I've found that Japanese maple leaves also do very well with pounding.
Labels:
Theme Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

this is gorgeous! I love all the pressed flowers on it.
ReplyDeleteoh my heavens Faye!!! what a beautiful piece and I love that you used petals...wondeful work!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Diana
Beautiful! I have only pounded pansies. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWow Faye this is stunning.
ReplyDeleteAmazing and wonderful.
Lovely bookmark, Faye
ReplyDeleteYour bookmark is lovely!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful bookmark,grat background, Faye and I love the stamp/quote.
ReplyDeleteHello, Faye! Your bookmark is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, bright bookmark, Faye!
ReplyDeleteFantastic colourful background.
ReplyDeletewonderful flower art Faye!
ReplyDeleteMagnificent colors Faye, what a lovely job you've done! Thanks for sharing...
ReplyDeleteIt's absolutely gorgeous, Faye! I love how you created it! LynnF
ReplyDelete