Here is my first painting where I have deliberately put green on the face
and body. I made a background using the Splitcoast Stamper method of
doing a homemade mono print. I used glass to put the acrylic paints on
and then pulled off a smear of colors for my background. Then I just
painted this face freely onto the background. I think she is really ugly
and is a bit cross-eyed, but this was fun to do. It is my entry for Paint Party Friday.

Gorgeous Faye ! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteI don't find her ugly!
ReplyDeleteAnd I really love the green in her neck and face :)
Love your new experiment with technique and colours Faye. Happy PPF, Annette x
ReplyDeletehttp://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Your experiment works Faye - love this technique :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat face even though you think it's ugly! Love the layers. :)
ReplyDeleteI think it is so difficult to use non-flesh coloured paint when doing faces. The first time I tried it she was pretty ugly but I don't think your girl is ugly. She has an interesting face.
ReplyDeleteShe's not ugly, I like her. I often have colours like that on my face! Valerie
ReplyDeleteStunning and interesting, dear Faye...I must try this someday.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Jan
She is far from ugly Faye!!! Don't you just love trying new styles and techniques? ♥
ReplyDeleteI actually really like the textures and layers you created!
ReplyDeletefantastic painting and background Faye. You need to quiet your inner critic...your art is always a pleasure to see:)
ReplyDeleteshe looks nice!
ReplyDeleteTee hee. Faye, she isn't ugly.:) She is wonderful and a part of your soul and your soul is free and clear and happy as can be. I think she is fine as she is. She looks like she is unsure right now-about something...maybe she is thinking of what to make for dinner and is tired of cooking meat for the husband and has decided to steam vegetable and some white rice...knowing that her husband will probably ask, "What else are we having?" hahahah Great job Faye.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI think she is lovely Faye.
Remember what Albert Einstein said? “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
Beauty is everywhere even in the imperfections of a face and her face with the crossed eyes is pretty to me.
Annabelle ~m..m~
: )
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI don't think she is ugly at all....I think she's pretty with smaller eyes.... I like the process too! Love her shiny hair...when you let go many great things happen! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
As long as you had fun it's all good! And by the way: I don't think she is ugly, and she's not even cross-eyed ....
ReplyDeleteUgly????? Oh no! She looks human and that is what I love. So often women are too beautiful in paintings, I tend to make them like that, too, and I love to see ordinary people on canvases.
ReplyDeleteThe background is interesting, it has good rhythm and I love life and experience which are seen on her face.
Awesome - nothing ugly about it - its art tfs!!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing work, my friend!
ReplyDeletei think she's really great!! and that background is very cool!!! nice touch!
ReplyDeletebeautiful work! I love her expression, she is wonderful you ha fun with this,
ReplyDeleteI don't think she's ugly, Faye. I particularly like that you are experimenting in uncharted territory. Brava! ~~irene #66
ReplyDeleteAha! You did it!! I knew you could!! I don't think she's ugly at all. You did great, Faye! It just takes a little practice, see? :)
ReplyDeleteI think this is a lovely experimental piece, and she is not at all ugly. You have been brave with the green paint, and achieved something quite different - and it's working 'out on a limb' that keeps us developing as artists. I find this a very interesting piece, the green does work and so does that lovely blue in the hair. Congrats on this.
ReplyDeleteThe green adds such depth to the peachy tones! It was hard for me to intentionally add greens and blues to skin as well, but they really show the reflective light well :) Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI don't think she's not ugly. She has character like a real face. I hope I use the good words because my english is not fuently. And I like this face and the background. Great job! Thanks to visit my blog.
ReplyDeleteShe looks beautiful! The brushstrokes, character, and color mix all make her original and believable. I think you made a great piece of artwork!
ReplyDelete