This tag is for Play Date Cafe, where the theme is the colors of: hot pink, burnt orange, turquoise, and chocolate brown. I worked for two or three hours trying to get these colors to work together. Having failed to do that, I am still placing my tag into the challenge.
I think I should have used a different color ribbon. I dyed this one to match the tiny hot pink border, but I think brown or turquoise would have been better.
Edit: So I have taken the tag and now made a card with it. I got my Techniques Junkie newsletter today and decided I'd try my hand at the technique that the design team used. (see above)
I have also added a digital piece i just made using these colors. (see left)



I think they look great together! I love the simplicity of your tag. Makes it pop.
ReplyDeletemagnifique cart!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi, Faye. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas on your blog, too even if with non traditional colours. I love them both! Hugs. Miria p.s. Thank you for your so lovely comments, you always make my day ... or my night! ;ò)
ReplyDeleteLovely card made from your tag... Love both cards... TFS!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by... and your kind words.
Faye the tag looks great with the clipped corners! Wonderful digial piece too! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.
ReplyDeleteSuper card....love how you have transformed into a card...
ReplyDeleteWhat a tough challenge! I think you have done brilliantly with the colours. Love the digi tag too.
ReplyDeleteYou carry on when others would give up!!
Janet xx
Really pleased you decided to enter your tag Faye! It's fab, and I love how you've done the clipped corner! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!
ReplyDeleteOh I love the tag I think it's lovely...great job!
ReplyDeleteI think you've done a fabulous job Faye! Sometimes our brains don't like certain color combinations but it shows real talent when you can work around that and come up with a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see our players use the Clipped Corners technique...Love your tags and your digital piece as well : ) Great to have you play with us in The Cafe.
ReplyDeleteOh well done for persevering, so glad you didn't give up. I LoVe the digital piece, and your tag looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe :)
ReplyDeleteA beautifully simple tag.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day!
Sue xx
Love your take on the colors and technique! Beautiful! Wonderful digital creation using the colors. Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.
ReplyDelete