Saturday, July 10, 2010

So Artful - One Stop

Beautiful Men from the Movies, the theme for the So Artful challenge, inspired this card. Using Alan Ladd's photo it was easy to make this monochromatic card for a relative's birthday. Using monochromatic colors is the theme for One Stop Craft Challenge this week.

The background is one I made some time ago using various Moon Shadow mists. I stamped it with numerous stamps, mostly See-D's, in brown ink and outlined with my white ink pen so that it would look sort of like bandana art. The bow is made from rope-like cord to look Western. The text was done on the computer using the font Giddyup.

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Fye
    I love the background you have created.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at OSCC this week.
    Good luk in the draw.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Faye for your sweet visit to my place of peacfulness.
    I hope you are having a weekend of Singing and flying!

    Just remember to "SING AND FLY"

    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come back Shane! Brilliant card Faye.


    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Faye,gosh that picture has bought back some memories.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful example of a guy card. I love that pic of Alan Ladd. Your background paper is gorgeous. I'm so glad that you told how you made it. It's the white outline that makes it pop.

    Thanks for joining us a Soartful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi faye, great card and love your background I am sure the recipient will love it too ju x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schöne Karte, ich mag den Schauspieler und sehe gerne alte Filme mit ihm, wenn sie denn bei uns im TV gesendet werden.

    Liebe Grüße Biggi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi faye what a lovely card all up to your usual standard & what great colours, love the lasso writing on your greeting also the rope bow. good luck love Janet

    ps been sneeking round when your not looking

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Fye. Thank you for your lovely comment. I've visited your blog: it's really artful! Hugs. Miria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should make some cards. Looks like lots of work, however! Plus one would need certain things! I just realized about ten minutes ago I needed a card for my daughter's anniversary and thankfully I had one on hand. It will still be late!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! I also like making cards but haven't for a while. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Faye, this card is wonderful.. I just love it.. It is so hard for me to make a manly man card..

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card , thanks for joining us at One stop craft challenge and Good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.