Mixed Media Monday has as the theme this week - Playthings. My first thought was my daughter's 3 favorite dolls when she was very young. In the picture above are Tabitha, Buttercup, and Bitsy Baby. Buttercup is nearly bald because she was carried everywhere by the hair. I really could have done another card using my present playthings, my art stuff.
The bandana-style background is another scrap from the Alan Ladd piece I did a week or so ago. It was a Moon Shadow misted card stock, stamped with See-D stamps.

Hi Faye!!! your piece is so much fun!!! I love this...and your message was such a wonderful find for Cole and I this morning!!! It is such a fun age!!! he always does wonderful things that really make us proud!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words...you made my day!!!
Hugs
Diana
& Cole!!!
Oh Faye so lovely playing art.
ReplyDeleteFantastic work as always.
Hi Faye!!!
ReplyDeleteHow adorable!!! And I love the story about the dolls...so cute.
It reminds me of when my dad was really sick 25 years ago before he passed away. At the time, my daughter was 3 years old and she used to bring her Cabbage Patch doll with her to the hospital every day...The doll's name was Josie Genevieve....So, every day the nurses would say, "Here comes Jenny and Josie Genevieve!" Even Josie came to visit Papa because we all loved him so much.
Dolls really do have a history with little girls...I love how you incorporated those memories into this piece.
Hugs,
Cindy
xoxox
What a sweet creation! Ü
ReplyDeleteMy sister ALWAYS did that to my dolls' hair! Your art today evoked many fond memories of my dolls (which were my favoriter tings too).
ReplyDeleteThis is a great piece! Bald baby doll syndrome.....I think I had oneof those too :)
ReplyDeleteAnother fabulous piece of family history!
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
Hi Faye! What a beautiful piece! Bitsy baby looks just like a doll my sister had! Love your story as well! hope you're having a great summer!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Beautiful piece!!!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely! I love the white ink highlights and that image is priceless, Kristin xo
ReplyDeleteIt is the piece you should have done ... our art is so much more special when it preserves a special memory.
ReplyDeleteInka :)
cute dolls! all girls love their dolls from childhood-they bring such good memories
ReplyDeleteI love this, Faye! Diane
ReplyDelete