This is Julia, who has just received a love note from her secret (to her parents) beau. She works hard on the Montana ranch helping her mother with all the women's-work chores and longs for the day when she will be able to have a place of her own with the young man she loves. In the meanwhile, she sees him twice a week at the church meetinghouse but only for the briefest of encounters.
This gorgeous young lady comes as a prompt for the So Artful Challenge. Behind her is a window by Dover Publications. Behind that is a watercolor painting I did. Somehow I chopped off the top of the window when I posted. It's just too hard to go back and redo the whole thing, so just imagine the window top.

My goodness Faye, I'm so impressed with your watercolor. It makes a lovely backdrop for this image. And, the narrative is priceless.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being Soartful this week.
oh i hope that story has a happy ending!!!! she's darling!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, Faye. I'd say you've figured out brightness and contrast!! I loved the story you spun about her as well. Good work.
ReplyDeleteit's beautiful Faye!!
ReplyDeleteand i love the story that goes with it!!!
What a lovely view you have given her.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work. Does Julia not know that children will come along and cause an awful lot of work and washing?
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
Your painting in the background looks lovely! Love the Julia tale - great piece! Cheers!
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely, and I love the story!
ReplyDeleteLovely work and an appropriate story to go with it. xx
ReplyDeleteLovely story and the background window is fantastic- a lovely setting Faye!
ReplyDelete