Thursday, June 11, 2009

Theme Thursday - flourishes

In the last few entries to challenges on both my blogs, I have used flourish stamps from Purple Onion and from All Night Media. Today the theme for Theme Thursday is Flourishes. I made this ATC on hot press watercolor paper using my Derwent watercolor pencils. I mixed some of my turquoise PearlEx powders into an almost empty spray bottle of Moon Glow's Gossamer Gold, added the hot water, shook and sprayed over the watercolor background. Next I stamped in blue distress ink my raindrops. Next was my swirly butterfly, which is almost a flourish in itself. Then I added my real flourishes.  After dabbing the blue distress ink around the edge, I mounted it on a piece of flourishes background paper by Studio D. I think it will make a pretty greetings card when I put the entire thing onto some card stock.

14 comments:

  1. I agree, that butterfly is nearly a flourish in itself. Love your choice of colors, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, it will make a lovely card, Faye, lovingly and carefully crafted! Good work.

    You asked about the flourishes on my entry. Actually, they came with the background stock photo I used, a great find! Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you color combo and the flourish image. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Faye, very creative x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your flourishing butterfly, Faye. The whole effect of your card is elegant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it, it's very beautiful!
    Well done.
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. very elegant card faye with these lovely flourishes on it.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.