Thursday, June 18, 2009

Art Creations Friday and Secrets

This week's theme for TGIF is Secrets. Using the background given by Arts Creations Friday and a black and white photo of my paternal grandmother and her best pal, I've made this for both challenges.

28 comments:

  1. I like what you did with your photo booth snapshot, Faye! It's perfect for "secrets".
    ***
    You asked how I did the sketch. I sketched the lady, scanned her into Digital Image Pro, colorized her a bit, then added the background. The various word art came from Google. The technique was explained by Angela Cartwright in the last issue of Somerset's Digital Studios magazine. I'm not very good at it yet, but it's fun to play around with. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning, Faye. I love the way you have altered the colours in the background - and also the skill you show in colorising the ladies. It fits seamlessly into both challenges. They really do look as if they are sharing a secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is just perfect.
    Wonderful digital design. Love them.

    Thanks Faye for your secret to TGiF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome, great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo to use in these challenges! (I'm always excited when I can leave a comment, too...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect! of course the best friend knows the secrets ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card, Faye.
    I love your take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ! Nice strong colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Love the colors especially!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw!!! Yes, good friends can hold a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Faye! Your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great, I love they way you keep using your own photos, it makes your work so personal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a joy have the two ladies toghether when they took this picture Fay. I have to smile when i saw this.
    ( I translated the word paternal and now I know what you ment about that)
    I'm curious witch technique you used to change the background but very clever done !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Faye this is wonderful. Fab images.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun piece, Fay! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your artwork on this! These photobooth photos could have endless possibilites...tFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is spectacular, Faye! I like what you've done with changing the colors of the original background. And using the vintage picture and making it into "secrets" too was very clever. I like everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it Faye - it really made me smile!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Faye what a wicked sense of humour you have. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for "describing"? How you did it Faye.
    Yes gradient are difficult to learn but I hope you keep on practice. Your pictures become better and better and that is so nice to see ! Really !
    ****
    Do you know what I always do when I "struggle" but finish by accident ?
    I make printscreens from my layer palet Fay and type afterwards the actions that I took on that printscreen. Maybe a tip ?
    You can see a example from my latest post of Charlie.
    Warm greetings !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful Faye.And what a great photo..Just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the way you altered the colors to make them so vibrant and fun, just like these two ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The whole piece says 'fun' - the photo of the ladies, and the colours you altered. It truly produced a smile on my face.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great and happy photo.
    Very cleverly done!
    Well done!
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.