Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lace - MMM

Mixed Media Monday has as its theme this week: Lace. I immediately thought of those old-fashioned traditional wedding gowns. I found this bride with her lacy gown on the Graphics Fairy website. The gentleman is really one of my ancestors. This is a digital piece. To see the lace better, please click on the picture.

20 comments:

  1. I just love old photos, what a clever idea to put an old photo of yours together with the bride, great image!! Beautiful old fashioned dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow wow wow wow this is so romantic.
    Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh wow, this is so romantic.
    Fabulous Faye!!

    Hugs
    Doris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! love the way you added the images together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Faye - and what a glorious dress that is! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, great image

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - a composite wedding photo!! The bride is gorgeous and her gown and veil are stunning. It is nice to see the bride seated and the groom standing. In many vintage wedding pics, the postions are reversed and I have a few in my family albums.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo that is lots of lovely bridal lace, so clever to add your relative Faye....a perfect June art piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea! Love the idea of marrying two separate images....lots of fun !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your digital piece is well done, very romantic, love old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh you are a clever clever girl. To be able to create your own family photos. I bet he Loves his new bride!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, the wonders of digital art!! It makes me smile to think of you "bride shopping" for your sober ancestor!! This is extremely well done, Faye, and very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and what a gorgeous gown she's wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Her dress is Gorgoeus! Love the way you combined the two images.They go so well together!Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful idea, love how you put the images together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful and even more special since you used your ancestor:) Wedding lace really is perfect. Have a wonderful Tuesday sweetie! Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Faye,
    I been wondering about you so came to see what you had been up to - and from the looks of things - quite a lot!
    You add the lace very clever Faye !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Faye, what a lovely piece! you did a beautiful job blending the two images. Romantic!!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.