Monday, September 15, 2014

Old Ledger made into a Scrapbook

I have an old ledger turned into a scrapbook by my great-grandmother 
and my grandmother. I think my mother added things toward the end.
It was fun to see the fashions. Take a look at that waist! I wonder if
real women looked like that or is this an artist's idea of perfection.





This is a small card drawn to look like a book. I am
showing this for its beautiful writing. The artist
is Belle Weir Reid, whose jardiniere I showed 
several months ago. She was my great grandfather's
sister, I believe. She loved to paint china and cards.


7 comments:

  1. Wat leuk om te zien zo mooi Faye lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. People worked a lot harder at their handwriting in those days! I can't imagine that that waistline could be real. Is there enough room for her ribs and spine, lol? I have an old ledger that I've been wanting to use for something. I've seen people do watercolor paintings on the paper with the lines showing through. It's fun to get creative with different papers. That's quite a treasure you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Faye, i would so love to leaf through that ledger! Such a treasure. And that handwriting is so beautiful... I think it's such a shame that so many of the younger generation have lost not only the ability to write, but the CRAFT of writing itself. Beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this marvellous book, very much of the Old Days. We actually did have much smaller waists in the 50's and 60's but maybe not so small as here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! Yes my mother had a very small waist... they had less and were smaller back then!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.