These two sketches were done at the car dealership where I was
getting my car checked up. The top one is a man who was
watching TV and was sketched on the opposite side of a
crossword puzzle I had done. The eye is just a sketch.
Here are some flowers some friends brought me and I arranged
them in a container I had. I miss flower arranging. I used to do
it a lot when I was in Garden Club.
This, of course, is nowhere near like the arrangement above.
I just used the real thing as a tool to get the flowers where
I wanted them to go. This was nothing but a big mess until
I added the pen marks. This is for Paint Party Friday.



Love that eye - they are so hard to draw!!
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF :)
(no. 20 on list - I'm new!)
Love the sketches, and the flowers! Valerie
ReplyDeleteGreat sketches Faye and love your beautiful flowers. Annette x
ReplyDeletehttp://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Love the sketches and the flowers are wonderful, both real and your work!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers and sketches...I love the flower painting! My bf was a floral manager for years and years until she stepped down. It was way too demanding and she worked every holiday no matter what!! She still loves flowers too!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
Great sketches. Lovely flowers and painting.
ReplyDeleteFantastic drawings, love the eye.
ReplyDeleteThat eyesketch is really good. Love the bright flowers you got, and your painting is lovely as well!
ReplyDeleteSuper sketches and the flowers look really good! Love the colours you used!
ReplyDeletenice sketches, beautiful flower arrangement and painting of it too!
ReplyDeleteI love the sketches you did and what a wonderful use of waiting time. I find that my flowers are always a horrible mess until the pen marks - LOL. I think your little painting is very sweet.
ReplyDeleteFaye,
ReplyDeleteYour sketch of the man is wonderful and the eye is awesome.
Pretty flowers.
Happy weekend to you.
well I think your " big mess" is beautiful Faye, and the sketches are as well, I love how you pass the time while waiting, its something I do too! Beautiful eye!
ReplyDeleteHi you have really put some nice art out this week. The eye is amazing and I love the flowers.
ReplyDeleteNicole/Beadwright
Great sketches on the fly so to speak. Love the flowers and flower arranging is something I've always wanted to do. Hmmmm, now you have me thinking.:)
ReplyDeleteI think your sketches are great. Did the man know you were sketching him:). The flowers you arranged are beautiful; the ones you painted are even better! Happy PPF. Hugs
ReplyDeleteReally cool sketches! The eye looks beautifully gestural and incredibly controlled at the same time, for which my hat is off to you. (Please pardon the resulting hat head.)
ReplyDeleteFor the record, I have now decided that I need to do more sketching on the back of my husband's crossword puzzles. It gives a really cool feeling of depth and layers!
I really like the sketch on the crossword puzzle - such a cool idea. And your hot mess of flowers looks fantastic to me. Clearly you're a master with that pen.
ReplyDeleteFaye,
ReplyDeleteThis 2nd comment does not relate this post.
I just wanted to say that I think it's truly wonderful that you spent 56 years of marriage together with your husband.
I know you must miss him dearly and I am so sorry for your loss.
October was have been a very difficult time with his passing.
He is in the hands of The Good Lord now.
May his memory always be a blessing .
This comment in in reply to your comment on my anniversary post.
Hugs
I love line drawing so I'm glad you added the ink to your flower arrangement painting -- it really makes it pop. I love your sketches, too!
ReplyDeleteSketching people quickly in situ is very difficult but an excellent way to learn great observation skills. Love your flowers too.
ReplyDeleteYour flower painting is lovely and that eye looks fantastic. Thanks for your visit.
ReplyDeleteLike your sketches Faye, it makes the time go when you are waiting for something like the car etc doesn't it. Your flower arrangement is very good too, the well balanced arrangement by somebody who knows what she is doing :-)
ReplyDeleteDelicious creations, lovely flowers!
ReplyDeleteHi Faye, I like that you utilized your time sketching while you waited for your servicing. Your floral arrangement is lovely too.
ReplyDeleteNice work on all of the sketches Faye. Love the eye.
ReplyDeleteAnnabelle : )
Very nice work as always my friend thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeletewhat great pieces! Love the candid sketch - a permanent memory of a day in the life of both you and him, I suppose as well!
ReplyDeleteLovely to hear from you Faye! I hope you are keeping well. Your work is as beautiful as ever and we shall keep on adding butterflies! Hugs xx
ReplyDeleteThe man watching TV is such a good quick sketch, and it is strange how the squares of the crossword showing through make a good background. Serendipity. I like the eye sketch and that's a great idea to just use the flowers as an aid to arranging the flowers in your sketch. I always want to sketch a bouquet but change my mind when I realise I couldn't get it right, so that's a good tip. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteGood use of time, they came out wonderful. I love you bouquet of flowers (that you drew) best. Blessings, Janet PPF
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sketches & Lovely flowers :)
ReplyDeleteLong time...nice to get back and visiting.