This is a firehouse in Vacaville CA, where the Somewhere to Sketch folks
visited around town earlier and sketched exciting spots, and some mundane places.
Next the scenes were from London England and included Buckingham Palace,
St. Paul's Cathedral, lots of red buses, some gorgeous scenery and interesting people.
This is Astor Hyde Park in London.
The plane is almost ready to leave for Paris. If you love Paris landmarks, go visit
Somewhere to Sketch. Better yet, find a spot on Google maps in Paris and
sketch it for yourself. The more the merrier.
Two more faces for 29 Faces Challenge
![]() |
| Face 12 |
This one was sketched in waterproof pen and then colored with watercolors.
![]() |
| Face 13 |
This one was just painted in watercolors, no pencils and no pens.
All these are being entered in the Paint Party Friday Challenge.




Love the faces, so unique! Great work!
ReplyDeleteYour watercolors are as wonderful as always. I'm particularly fond of the first one. Blessings!
ReplyDeletebeautiful pieces this week Faye!
ReplyDeleteThe watercolors are so cute and inspiring! Really sweet artwork. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you're participating in some fun challenges at the moment. I really like all of your sketches, especially your London sketch. Great job!
ReplyDeleteFaye your water colored only face is terrific! You already know I am a huge fan of your Somewhere to Sketch drawings! Thanks for the shout out for our blog! I hope lots more artists hop over there to join us sketching!
ReplyDeleteI love your paintings.
ReplyDeleteReally love all the various location sketches/watercolors. Your faces are unique and great.
ReplyDeleteYour somewhere to sketch contributions are wonderful and # 13 looks a bit Audrey Hepburn to me! I love all the angles you're covering with your faces!! Well done my dear!
ReplyDeleteHappy ppf!
Hugs Giggles
Great faces Faye, I like the subtle colors you used there.
ReplyDeleteLovely faces and London-sketces!
ReplyDeleteWonderful water colour paintings and lovely portraits for the 29 faces challenge
ReplyDeletegreat watercolour pieces - I especially like the first one.
ReplyDeleteGreat pieces, love the two buildings. The faces are lovely also.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see some of your Somewhere To Sketch work together Faye.
ReplyDeleteWell done with the 29 Faces, love these.
loving your sketches Faye and your faces are magical my friend.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF, Annette x
http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Lovely faces Faye! And don't you love the traveling to different places? I think it is a great idea of Ann and Lynn! Both your sketches of architecture/places are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIlona
Very nice faces and sketches. Good work!
ReplyDeleteWonderful painting. Beautiful and delicate watercolors!
ReplyDeleteYOu have been quite busy....Love all your sketches.....wonderful work. xox
ReplyDeleteWonderful expressive faces. And your sketches look great!
ReplyDeleteGreat sketches and faces, the first one is especially beautiful. Valerie
ReplyDeleteWow Faye..such an array of fantastic pieces...all so intriguing..the faces are gorgeous..the last one looks very dreamy and ethereal..a real gentle presence! I also love the one from London..very striking, so fabulous!Very inspiring works, I have missed visiting you!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a magical Autumn ahead!
Victoria
The houses are gorgeous and interesting faces are colored with watercolors.
ReplyDeleteWonderful paintings. Especially I like the Fase 13. It is so peaceful and beautiful. I like colors, too.
ReplyDeleteHello Faye!!!! wow!!! you have been on a roll with your painting and these are gorgeous!!! love the face pieces too!!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful work this week Faye...Face #13 is definitely my favorite. What a beautiful expression. HPPF!
ReplyDeleteLove your drawings and your watercolor faces are great. I like the one where you didn't use pens or pencils but just watercolor. Great job. Thanks.
ReplyDeletegloria
Nice work. I'm impressed with the face you did with watercolor and no pen or pencil.
ReplyDeleteYou have really done some wonderful watercolors here, Faye...you are remarkable!
ReplyDeleteHugs~
what gorgeous watercolor sketches Faye and your faces are so beautiful. Your paintings keep getting better and better!
ReplyDeleteI love the drawings and your faces too. Nice work!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work, Faye! Nicely done
ReplyDeleteLoVe your Someplace to Sketch work … and those faces, too!
ReplyDeleteHi Faye, wonderful art pieces. I love the soft lines of the second face. Hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteNice faces and the pieces on London were lovely.
ReplyDeleteWow! Faye I love all your works. I find it very challenging to paint a face without any sketching. Yours have come out so well.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Really love your first painting. I'm so addicted to watercolors, and yours are lovely.
ReplyDeleteWonderful architectural sketches and faces, too! Really like the watercolor face, lots of feeling and nice approach! <3
ReplyDeleteAmazing work Faye!
ReplyDeleteSuper portraits for the challenge! I love seeing people paint in watercolours without line art. It can be such a challenge. That's on my practice list :)
ReplyDeleteFaye, your sketches and faces are wonderful. Isn't exciting to be able to visit London and now Paris without ever leaving home. Have fun sketching!
ReplyDeleteBoth of them are beautiful. I love the variety of faces and styles.
ReplyDeleteWhen I see your sketches I immetiatelly want to sketch too...so beautiful...my fav is the face Nr 12 and her sweet expression ♥ Conny
ReplyDeletehttp://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de
I love Vacaville firehouse sketch and #13 is ALL watercolor. Brilliantly done. I think I've met #13. Lovely. Blessings, Janet PPF
ReplyDeleteWonderful portraits! Especially I like nr. 13 very much!
ReplyDelete