Saturday, September 7, 2013

29 Faces #8

OK. I'm cheating a little. Well, not really, but this is not
up to my usual standards. Give me some slack. This is
the weekend.  I hope to do another face tomorrow but
this may be it till Monday.  This is simply a piece of watercolor
paper with stripes of color. I drew the face and surrounded her
with leaves I had stamped on cardstock and cutout. My 
queen of the forest is my #8 for 29 Faces Challenge.

22 comments:

  1. It is hoping that we try to something new, something what we have never made before.
    This is new and interesting. So all is well, relax and have a nice sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her quite a lot! Her face reminds me of vintage fashion illustrations! I like that you stepped out of your normal style with her...and she is beautiful! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is lovely, and I think the challenge is posting so often sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye i think she is terrific! and i also think that it's so good for us to try new things with our art (which is why i'm doing the 29 faces)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The face is really nice with the green leaves surrounding it. I like it and the green colour of leaves. Fine work! It seems to me be a big challenge to post every day a new face, but interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very clever. i am glad you are taking some time off for the weekend. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think this piece is wonderful, i love simple line drawings, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love her hair Faye. Well done.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw all the faces that you've done for the challenge. They are all different and very creative.Love this girl too with the leaves on her head.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think is is wonderful. Love the leaves surrounding her. Very creative and unique. It sure beats a picture I saw today of a woman holding a baguette of bread. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks like the consort of the Green Man, and a rightful queen of the woods. It looks an excellent piece to me, and I think part of the value of the challenge is sometimes creating very quickly and in a way we don't usually use.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this leaf lady Faye, it is difficult coming up with the time and energy to create something new every day. I think you have done a great job with such little time, not cheating at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh she is lovely. I like all your "faces"

    ReplyDelete
  14. So wonderful done, dear Faye! I love her hair and the reduced face. This is aan amazing look.
    Hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact I love the idea of leaves for hair. I'm getting so many good ideas for doing something different.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is wonderfully inventive & works well, keep it up you are expanding and pushing boundaries which really is awesome - ohh & love your beautiful flower post too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like this one. Her face is so pretty and I love the leaves all around her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a terrific idea Faye!Wonderful!
    You have done such amazing work since my last visit. Big Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.