Monday, September 9, 2013

29 Faces #9, #10, #11


Three different kinds of faces. Face 9 is colored pencils sketch.  Face 10 is a pen sketch I colored with watercolors. Face 11 is Li'l Redhead, a character I created after my granddaughter when she was a child. I have been doing Li'l Redhead in various actions for many years. (Granddaughter is 24.)
All of these entries were done today. I think posting in bunches is easier on poster and viewer.
these are for 29 Faces challenge.


Face #9




Face #11
Face #10

23 comments:

  1. all your faces turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super set of lovely portraits! I'm partial to the sweet little girl with striped leggings. She reminds me of Pippi Longstocking, minus the braids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faye. Good week to you. Your girls are all winners. Soft colors with the pencils. Really very nice. Thanks.
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL of these are lovely & delightful Faye, but the little girl, #11, is the one who has captured my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice sketches. We have taken very big job to paint faces every day, but this is interesting to get find what to paint.
    Painting about You granddaughter is beautiful. It is so glad and lightful.
    Have a nice new week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely girlportraits you have made. Red hair touches me. Sweet picture of your granddaughter, she seems to be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely faces, really like the little girl. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy faces all these are. I like each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely faces, Faye. I really enjoying viewing your work ~ in singles or groupings! Though, I think you may have a point there. Merry creating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like all three of them, but I think I like number 10 the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all so wonderful, Faye, but I must tell you that I simply adore face#11...

    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nou Faye je hebt hard gewerkt met een mooi resultaat hugs Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all lovely, especially your gd's drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful job. #11 is so cute, she reminds me of Pipi Longstocking. Hope your doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think number 11 is my fav. She reminds me of me when I was little. :) Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are really sweet! I especially like the first one, but they are all filled with such sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like them and I agree about the multiple posts. It's hard enough for me to make sure I get the faces done...but then add the time and energy to post them and I start stressing a wee bit. :) I really do enjoy this challenge though ...it's my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely!!! Truly! Face nine has wonderful pencil strokes. She is lovely! The little girl is adorable! the last one has a classic look. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love them all. Your work is charming and the characters exude happiness

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely drawings. each of them has a sweetness to them that i really like. i need to post each day or i will get so far behind that i will never catch up. but multiple posts are definitely easier on the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful pencil work. I like number 11, she is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Faye - Just wondered if you would like this blog mentioned on Somewhere To Sketch. We are adding blogs on the right-hand sidebar if you take a look. If you would like this mention could you let me know and also provide a picture we can use. You can either contact me at

    somewheretosketch@gmail.com or my own email at

    somesaddlesoap@hotmail.com

    cheers
    ann

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.