This is being entered in two challenges:
I found I had a small scrap of acrylic paper so I decided
to do a quick sketch with drawing pens. My oil pastels
were sitting there, unused because I sure don't know what
to do with them, but I tried. I used a little olive oil to spread
the colors around. I said it was a quick sketch - about 15 minutes.
Tomorrow is a busy day in and out of the house so it may be
Saturday before I get to visit everyone.
Note: Please take off the captcha thing. I waste a lot of time
trying to figure them out when I could be off visiting someone's
beautiful artwork. Also, if you use Google+, please provide a way
for those of us who do not want to be in Google+ to leave you a comment.

oh i like her!! lovely expression in her face & your color palette! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny Faye i have some old oil pastels that i too don't know how to use but i like that idea of thinning them down with olive oil! :D and i also agree it would be so nice for those using Google+ to provide another way to leave a comment.
Love her!!! She looks so sweet and peaceful :)
ReplyDeleteYour work is so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your talent with us.
Hugs,
Julia
I love her blue eyes!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. Really like the colours on the face.
ReplyDeleteLovely colours - they go well together! Really sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteI must also try to thin down oil pastels, looks interesting.
Well, Faye … for your first attempt with oil pastels all I can say is "bravo!" She is very sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely work, beautiful texture and color!
ReplyDeleteShe is just lovely.. wow oil pastels is brave!! Thanks for speaking for me too about the captcha and the dreaded google plus!! So annoying!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
Love this face! Enjoyed stopping by today!
ReplyDeleteLovely work, she looks so pensive. Valerie
ReplyDeleteLoving your new face and thank you for the tip with the oil pastels, enjoy the weekend, Annette x
ReplyDeleteLovely serene portrait - like a Renaissance madonna
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF!!
I really like the texture of the canvas!
ReplyDeleteLovely portrait!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art
Love her Faye...she looks like she knows a secret!
ReplyDeleteI just had a look through all of your 29 Faces so far and they are FABULOUS! I love how you are trying different mediums!
ReplyDeleteStunning portraits! Wish I had the time to join the challenge. :)
ReplyDeleteNice work Faye. Great faces!!
ReplyDeleteShe's lovely Faye! Happy PPF
ReplyDeleteshe's so lovely Faye. I see so many enjoying the 29 faces challenge-I just may do it-if there's another next year.I could certainly use the practice :) Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteVery serene face. I was going to dothe faces challenge then forgot to start. Happy PPF.
ReplyDeleteWarm and nice colors and very good shape. You did it. This is beautiful drawing.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend and Happy PPF :-)
Hi Faye, wonderful job with this. I love the length of her hair and the expression on her face. Hope you have a good Saturday. Sending hugs.
ReplyDeletegreat face!!!!
ReplyDeleteOil pastels are hard to use. You did a great job, and in only 15 minutes! Wow! I agree with you about captcha and G+..makes it hard to leave a comment or find a blog. I had G+ linked to my blog for a couple days, and got rid of it. Ick.
ReplyDelete15 minutes...wow!!! It would have taken me more time than that!!! She is darling and I love the idea that you tried a bit of olive oil...I never thought of that! Must try it sometime :}
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jan
Oh you do these so well. I would rather paint buildings then faces. I stink at faces. lol Yes I agree with the G+ and caption thing. I find I cant comment so I don't. bummer too. Thanks for your comment. I am not sure the Turkeys got the one.. think it was a skunk but the Turkeys are bringing in the predators. Also Milo is an old lab and has separation anxiety now so hence the following me around constantly. Its just after ten days kind of nerve racking.. lol HPPF
ReplyDeleteHi Faye. Great job with the oil pastels. I too have a lot of them sitting in my studio and have yet to use them. Someday soon, I hope. You did a great job with them and how creative to use olive oil. Great idea. Did you know Sophia Loren is known to have used olive oil on her face forever? Well so I hear. tee hee. Nice job. Thanks. Gloria
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I agree about the Google+ thingy. You can't leave comments unless you join. I usually end up sending email if I can't leave a comment. I feel bad about going to a blog and not being able to leave a comment. Take care.
ReplyDeleteVery nice! I like the way you defined detail in her face with pen. :)
ReplyDeleteI like the pensive expression in her face. The combination between the acrylic paper and the pastels gave you a marvelous textured feel. Blessings, my friend!
ReplyDeleteI love that soft portrait. Sometimes it's better when you don't know the rules for using a medium - you can play and learn. Sorrg about the google+ thing - I took it off my blog but it still interferes with comments. I want to change my platform (maybe wordpress?) but I need a bit of time to pay attention to what I am doing.
ReplyDeleteOh Faye, thank you for commenting about google plus and the captcha thingi. I find both SOO frustrating! I can't figure out the number and letters 1/2 the time and feel my insides just go "ugh" when I see it! Your art with Ayala is wonderful. 15 minutes you say? My goodness. And Olive oil...brilliant! Her face is so sweet and serene. I love her.
ReplyDeleteI love the contemplative look on her face. So nice that you're doing 29 faces, they all look different and still very you. And the captcha thing is indeed verrrrry annoying. Don'tt understand why people still use it on their blogs, when there are other ways for keeping out unwanted visitors....
ReplyDeleteShe's very sweet, such a wonderful, serene quality! I also appreciate it when people on google+ make it easy to reach their blogs...
ReplyDeleteI just experimented with oil pastels a day or two ago for a next-week face (necessary scheduling). I never use them because I don't like them, and I don't like them because I can't use them! But your use of olive oil gives a lovely effect, so next time I try them I'll give that a go. So nice to learn new things on 29 Faces.
ReplyDeleteAs to the face and background, they are lovely, and the smooth effect of the pastels with the canvas texture showing is very effective.
Absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOlive oil, good grief you are creative. Good job. I like her. Blessings, Janet PPF (I agree, sometimes my comment, that I've taken time to write, goes nowhere b/c of the stupid CAPTCHA I can't see to put the #s or words right. It is frustrating. . .PPF said NO to things like that in the beginning!)
ReplyDelete