Thursday, June 20, 2013

Paintings and Drawings

Last week I worked on the left half of this painting. This week I have sort of finished it.


 And here are some more purple coneflowers done with watercolor pencils.

Today while waiting for my husband who was having a hospital procedure, I did this
sketch. I know it isn't a painting but I guess I could turn it into one easily enough.
These are my entries in the Paint Party Friday challenge for this week.

45 comments:

  1. All very nice, Faye! Especially the first one. I like how you did the reflection. :^) Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, I like the (sort of) finished landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fabulous pieces! When do you know when a piece is finished? Is there a rule? Your people sketches are so good.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely your lady is delicate and you can tell she has very coarse hair...beautiful work all of it!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I especially like the landscape!
    Happy PPF!
    ♥jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy PPF - isn't it great ot be able to sketch wherever we are!xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely...I like the simplicity of the purple cone flowers and the lady sketch too :)
    HPPF Faye :)
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coneflowers are one of my favorite things Faye! So impressed with the details on your portrait - especially the ruffle in her shirt - great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful painting! Love those coneflowers, and your sketch is beautiful. Hope everything is well with your husband ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful landscape, coneflower and portrait, Faye!
    What a prolific week!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE cone flowers, and yours made me smile:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the details in your sketch! Your paintings are lovely too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. all so delicate and lovely, faye! especially love the colors of your waterscape and coneflower! happy ppf to you...xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely projects Faye-that sketch is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love purple cone flowers. I keep babying my little plant in hopes that it will grow into a big batch of them. So far, its struggling with just one bud - but one is better than none :) Gorgeous work this week, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all so pretty and each one so unique. The bridge scene is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work, I especially love the flowers. Hope your husband is okay, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely pieces - the reflection is really good in the first piece - such a hard thing to get right but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sketch of the girl. But my favorite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice works! It is wonderful to see your piece that you were working on last week and the petals of the cone flowers are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Faye, you are the first from the PPF I visit today :)
    How ever wonderful paintings with amazing colours! Your sketch is lovely too and I hope your husband is well again. Hugs - Erika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Faye, your work is so delicate and lovely. I saw it was your anniversary, congratulations and best of wishes to you both! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful Faye, your Coneflowers are wonderful and your landscape so peaceful, a place i would love to visit. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The purples are gorgeous. The lady is so precise. Good art. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your coneflowers are awesome and your lady I think is a wonderful portrait. Hope you are doing well and thank you for your always kind comments on my PPF posts. Greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Lovely reflection in your first painting and coneflowers are lovely and portrait work is excellent ~ Such talent ~ Happy Day to you ~

    Thanks for 'visiting' ~

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the reflections in the top piece and the cone flowers look like they are swaying in the breeze... hope your husband's procedure went well... xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful landscape - the soft colors and the reflections! Lovely peaceful atmosphere! <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. really enjoyed the landscape faye. the colors are wonderful and peaceful. Your portrait is awesome! Hope your husband is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful watercolour and sketching. I hope your husband is well

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Faye, Your work is lovely. It always has such a delicate and light feel to it. Your portrait is wonderful. She has such a delicate nose.

    I hope your husband's procedure went well. It really helps to be able to draw or sketch while we are waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful sketch you did...such a kind expression on her face...hope your hubby is well xox ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely colours and blending. I also like the size of your work.
    ~~quick healing vibes for your husband~~

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Faye, think your purple flower is beautiful, love this color. Hope your husband is well. Have a great sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. The paintings are so pretty. I like the refections in the water. The pencil drawing has such expression! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  36. lovely calm colours and I like your black art cards too

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely work Faye.... your flower is so pretty and I love the sketch.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely, tranquil landscape! I love the reflections. I really like the portrait, too. Well done! I hope hubby is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely work. HPPF. the pencil sketch is great as is.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful work. Love the colors of your flower landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous landscape, I love the reflections and the cone flowers are beautiful. Your sketch is beautiful, I love her eyes.
    Von

    ReplyDelete
  42. very pretty work, I really like the expression of your lady.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, Fantastic, gorgeous work Fay.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Breathtaking paintings, just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.