Thursday, June 6, 2013

Watercoloring this Week


Here are two watercolor pencil-with-wet-brush drawings/paintings I did this week.
I know the old woman looks familiar, but this is a different version. She was more
attractive and thinner in the one I did earlier in early April. Plus, the other one was 
done in colored pencils not watercolor.  Rudbeckia is my favorite flower to draw so I 
may do more of them.  These two pieces will be my entry for Paint Party Friday this week.

The portrait is being entered in the Art Cards Challenge.

62 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful, so many shades of green in the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers...beautiful!!! The lady looks deep in thought...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! wonderful art work!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. your colorful drawings are beautiful Faye ...
    what a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,you are full of inventiveness and creativity.Beautiful work,a true artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flowers (I also love to have them in my garden), beautiful colors and shades. The old woman has so much character, I really like that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flowers, they are so very pretty! You've really captured a very nice feeling with the lady you painted too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great drawings - I love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely art, Love the colors in the flowers and a great update on the lady you did before. I remember her. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the flower. Ummm, I thought she looked familiar. I like the way the watercolor works for her. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pages Faye! Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to see the variety of art you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers Faye! The old lady is looking nice! Are you going to add water? Or did you already?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful watercolors and they go so well together! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flowers, rudbeckia are my favorite. Love your lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful paintings dear Faye!
    Happy PPF
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful paintings with lovely colour and shading. I love them both:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work! Love the delicate colours of your flower! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely flowers and an interesting face. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like them both, but my favorite are the flowers. I also thought it was interesting that the color palette's are coordinated, and it seems as if she's glancing off to the side to see the flowers. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. really lovely art-the flowers are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the thoughtful expression on the woman's face, and the flowers are wonderful ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both are wonderful Faye....your flowers light and airy, your woman strong and powerful. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful watercolors, Faye.
    Love the coneflowers!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both watercolors are beautiful Faye. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the work on your pages, the colors are beautiful & soft. Happy PPF!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like the colors you used! I'm always inspired when people paint faces. I'm portrait painting disabled. :) Thanks so much for sharing your work. Happy Paint Party Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your flowers Faye! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW WOW So gorgeous again Faye. Beautiful work really
    Nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the expression, she's lovely, such beautiful work, as always, these are on of my favorite flowers, they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Faye..super-gorgeous flowers.so lush and vibrant! and wow..she is amazing..very expressive..deeply intense..powerful presence !Beautiful pieces this week..fabulous!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely work, Faye. Rudbeckia is one of my favorites, too. Happy PPF! -janice

    ReplyDelete
  33. Her face tell a story and I love it!! You have done a great job! And those gorgeous flowers are beautiful too! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :) ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  34. she's so interesting and very well done! I love the pretty flowers too. happy ppf!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice, Faye! I especially love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  36. They are both lovely... your skills are improving at such a fast rate... love it

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Faye! I really love your work, those flowers are so beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful flowers. Excellent job. I love that portrait as well. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow so beautiful all this yummy pink and love how you captured the aging lady. Gorgeous flowers too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  40. that face has great character happy ppf

    ReplyDelete
  41. these flowers are stunning and I love the character in this lady's face - both really great pieces and I like how the colours in each compliment each other!

    ReplyDelete
  42. your little pink flowers are very sweet, happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are so talented and you don't know how much I admire youi dear Faye! xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Knap gedaan Faye goed uitgebeeld
    Lieve groetjes Danielle





    ReplyDelete
  45. You're doing a great job with watercolor pencils!! Thanks for the advice about oils. :) It's always fun to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  46. beautiful artworks faye! Your colors are soft and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a great character that face has, & your flowers are beautiful Faye!
    Happy PPF!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful, the flowers are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Both the drawings are wonderful. Pretty flowers and you have done the wrinkles on her face so well.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  50. These are beautiful, Faye! I love that face - it has so much life and character! And the flowers are beautiful - one of my favorite flower as well! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
  51. Well captured expression! And, your coneflowers are lovely, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Two lovely works, fresh and spontaneous !

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your flowers are so graceful. They are lovely. When I look at your woman I wonder what she is thinking about. I love when a portrait makes me want to know more about the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Really gorgeous! Love the strokes that show.

    ReplyDelete
  55. wow - great artwork - fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oooh, Faye, both pages are breathtaking. Soooooooo beautiful, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Faye, I like both of them. I have Rudebekia in my garden right now and every year. I like them too for their continuous color. The lady is very expressive. Faye, I'm amazed by so many comments. I"m #61. I'm guessing this must be due to the challenges you do. Wonderful you have so many visitors.

    Coleen

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.