Sunday, March 18, 2012

Gothic Arches, Art Cards, and Take a Word


On the left is my entry for Gothic Arches (Bedazzled) and for Art Cards (Favorite Stamp). Above is my entry for Take a Word (Angel). The background for the arch was made using Lumiere paints, mica, Stickles and other dazzling paints and materials. I stamped it with clear embossing ink with my favorite flower stamp and heated gold embossing powder on the flower. Sorry the gold doesn't photograph  well on the arch. Please enlarge the photo to see the stamp.

To make the TAW entry I superimposed an angel "stamp" from my digital collection. It is only there in the digital world.

Here is another example of my favorite stamp.

32 comments:

  1. Faye, these are gorgeous!!! I love your design, and the colors are beautiful!!!

    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Lovely colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Faye . I really enjoy this challange. I think your card is fantastic...an angel in a shadow of gold...love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olá Faye
    fantástico seu Gothic Arches!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning art as always, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your arches are really rich and sumptuous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so beautiful, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow both are stunning Faye.
    Amazing work. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye this is gorgeous. Very lovely design and love the golden effect.
    Warm greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, metall doesn´t scan proper, but i can imagine it looks even more gorgeous in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful arch Faye, and what a great background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your arches look fantastic, Faye. Gorgeous design and beautiful colors!!!

    Have a lovely week!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your challenge pieces are wonderful dear Faye. I love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of lovely texture on your arch....and I like the angel too,
    Thanks for playing along...
    Effie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you have mixed the digital and physical art. The arch background is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your arches are simply gorgeous...beautiful work Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful - so tactile. Thank you for supporting Gothic Arches. Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's lovely - I would never have known it was part digital!

    ReplyDelete
  19. all of your art this week is really beautiful... well done Faye

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful arches! Your backgrounds are superb. The angel looks brilliant.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bel ensemble ! j'aime beaucoup la présentation en arche de votre Ange ! Bravo ! Amicalement Mary.KG

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for your comment about the Gothic Arches Blog Faye - I have put a link to our blogs now. Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous effect you have achieved Faye.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow liebe Faye,
    Du warst in den letzten Tagen wieder so fleiĂźig und jedes Werk ist ein reiner Augenschmaus.

    GLG irmi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow. Awesome and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two wonderful pieces, great texture on the arch.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Faye, the works are beautiful. I'm thrilled!

    xoxo doris

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful, so rich Faye x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing rich colours on your arch.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.