This is my entry for Take a Word - Childhood. These photos were taken of my husband and his sister and brother. He says he remembers the pony well and that he was scared to death.
I have only a few photo's of my childhood and (excuse me) I'm often so jealous of such adorable photos ! I love the feeling of it ( however he was afraid of the horse :-)
What precious images to keep. During WW2 the Japanese attacked towns in the north-west of my State, Western Australia. These targets were some 1,200 miles to the north but a lot of people living in Perth, the capital, decided to evacuate to the south-west. My mother's sisters had farms there and I have a photo of myself being held on the back of a cow. I can't remember it as I was probably only 12 months old but I looked scared!! I love these nostalgic themes.
Great photos Faye, I just love the old ones. Going thru those papers you sent again. You have some really pretty backgrounds. I'd like to just sit with you a day and watch you make them. I think some are embossed. Haven't done that in years. Need to do it again. Blessings on your day, sister,
Lovely memories to treasure, Faye!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to have family photos like that! Ours, unfortunately, were all lost in a flood.
ReplyDeleteOh wow so darling.
ReplyDeleteThe photo is wonderful Faye. Love it.
Faye this is a beautiful nostalgia.
ReplyDeleteLovely scene.
Lovely greet Marja
Faye, this is wonderful! It did make me laugh when you said your husband recalled the pony... Great photos!
ReplyDeleteWhat treasures these photos are! Thanks for sharing them with us.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful montage of photos Faye! Love it.xx
ReplyDeleteYou're so lucky to own such photos!
ReplyDeleteThank you to show them us!
What a wonderful collage Faye...such cute pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great picture, so full of memories. Thank you for showing it to us.
ReplyDeleteJen x
What a great photo! I'm sure to a small boy, the pony looked VERY large! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThe photo is beautiful Faye!!
ReplyDeletexoxo doris
I love seeing family in art!
ReplyDeleteThis is truly special!!
Formidavel foto familiar!
ReplyDeleteI have only a few photo's of my childhood and (excuse me) I'm often so jealous of such adorable photos !
ReplyDeleteI love the feeling of it ( however he was afraid of the horse :-)
What precious images to keep. During WW2 the Japanese attacked towns in the north-west of my State, Western Australia. These targets were some 1,200 miles to the north but a lot of people living in Perth, the capital, decided to evacuate to the south-west. My mother's sisters had farms there and I have a photo of myself being held on the back of a cow. I can't remember it as I was probably only 12 months old but I looked scared!!
ReplyDeleteI love these nostalgic themes.
Great photos Faye, I just love the old ones. Going thru those papers you sent again. You have some really pretty backgrounds. I'd like to just sit with you a day and watch you make them. I think some are embossed. Haven't done that in years. Need to do it again.
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your day, sister,
Coleen in Ukraine