Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Three Muses - Books

Reading books was my favorite childhood pastime and until I started blogging it continued to be a favorite activity. I have gotten rather lazy in the reading department, unfortunately. Some day children will probably be as fascinated by the old way of reading (books) as we are by the old way of reading (scrolls).

The theme for the Three Muses Challenge this week is Books. I borrowed this book plate from some Dover Publications clip art. The books were googled. The little girl is a stamp of mine from Stubby Stampers.

16 comments:

  1. We must have been online at the same time, Faye!
    Brilliant idea creating a bookplate for the challenge, looks so effective especially with the 'snow! fall!'
    Happy & healthy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect to perch this cutie on a stack of books! Beautifully done, Miss Faye. Thanks for taking time in your holidays to join in our challenge. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little girl, that piece is absolutly amazing.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bookplate Faye and the little girl looks transported into her imaginary world within her book. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you believe that i was once an avid reader? at least 3 books a WEEK! then i retired and discovered blogging. i haven't read a book in 4 yrs. now, i'm trying to get thru the bible - which is no easy read!

    happy, happy new year, my friend. may 2011 be filled with happy dreams and miracles.

    hugs :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Faye, this is so sweet and wonderful!!

    I wish you and your family a "Happy New Year 2011"!!


    xoxo doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great image for Books. What better than a Bookplate. Love the little girl you've coloured. Great work Faye.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. your "ex libris" is awesome! i used to glue such plates into my books, also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, Faye! She looks so absorbed in her reading. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I love this Faye its beautiful. I am a reader also and i have spent many,many wonderful hours reading since childhood .... nothing is nicer than turning the pages on a new story
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just popped by to wish you a very happy new year and forgot to say, so ... Happy New Year !
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Bookplate. I am fascinated by the combination of stamping and digital images. Superbly done!
    Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really wonderful, love this stamp and how you've coloured it.
    I wish you a happy and creative new year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet and lovely picture Faye...beautiful stamp work. I hope you have a very Happy and Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like you, Faye, I used to be a prolific reader but age and, yes, perhaps laziness has overtaken me somewhat. I like to blame my night vision as that is when I would have time to read but I have problems reading in artificial light.
    Your artpiece is exquisite in every way. Absolutely beautiful.
    Thanks so much for taking the time in a busy holiday period to participate in the challenge. It is much appreciated.
    May I wish you and yours a happy New Year, Faye.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.