Saturday, May 8, 2010

So Artful Challenges - Fragrance

This is an altered png b&w image of a stained glass window from Dover Publications. I have placed over that the image of a pastel painting I did. The pastels were painted through the openings in a brass template. (Enlarged, everything looks fuzzy. That's because of the chalks.) I figure that the blossoms that attract the hummingbirds must have some sort of fragrance. Hope this one is ok for the challenge. So Artful challenges us to use the prompt: fragrance.

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Faye,I love everything about it. Toms blog is now on my sidebar.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I'm going to try painting thru a brass stencil. The effect is lovely, the blur makes it even more romantic.
    Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous Sarah, it really looks like a stain glass window...love the new look blog
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So serene and lovely. Very peaceful scene.

    Janet xx

    By the way = the OMS I referred to in my last post was Odourless Mineral Spirit. Sansodor? to blend the pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Faye, this has a soft beautiful look, thanks for your lovely comments, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.