Sunday, May 30, 2010

Gothic Arches Challenge - Openings

It's been a long time since I've been able to enter something for this challenge. Openings is the topic for Gothic Arches this week. Frankie supplied us with a beautiful inspiration piece. I thought of the picture Patty had taken of the gothic window (a sort of openings) so I used that along with some things with real openings like the key and the ironwork gate. Thanks, Patty, for allowing me to use your gorgeous picture. And thanks to Dover Publications for their freebies.

10 comments:

  1. what a lovely setting for that angel who will be opening doors as well. , I love the wrought iron gate

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just great, Faye! All those details are wonderful. (Is there any digital art here, or is this all handmade?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO, Faye, this is a lovely take on the theme... I love all your elements and how you have juxtaposed them. Glad you felt able to make an arch with this inspiration at Gothic Arches this week
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awonderful arch.. love all those architectural details

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Faye, you have inspired me with your use of this little Oak Hill Cemetery angel.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant arch. You have got all the elements there and it is so attractive.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye, this is beautifully designed! Gorgeous arch, Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ... the angels always hold the key :)
    Inka

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye, this is simply beautiful... so many different openings.... love the cherub sitting up on the fence... great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.