Saturday, March 6, 2010
International Women's Week/Day
International Women's Week is March 8-14. Jeanette at So Artful Challenge is using this as her theme.
I thought of the many women friends that I have had through the years and how important each of them has been. There is nothing quite like a chat with another woman to help one sort out the real from the imaginary. And a real friend will tell you what's what.
I also thought of blogland, where I've made many women friends from all across the globe. So I have used Jeanette's charming 1860s map of the world as my backdrop. The images of the 2 women from opposite sides of the world are from Art Creations Friday and Dover Publications.
This 4x4 also qualifies for 4x4 Friday challenge with almost the same theme: International Women's Day.
Labels:
4x4 Friday,
soartful challenges
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Gosh Faye what a beautiful creation.
ReplyDeleteVery facinating. Love them.
Very beautiful and powerful entry Faye!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful. I also love what you wrote on your post. It is so true.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being Soartful this week.
Beautiful piece, Faye, says so much about the theme!
ReplyDeleteI have made so many friends through blogland, too, and was lucky enough to meet one from the Uk while she was here on holiday, last month!
great piece Faye!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour card is beautiful Faye and the image is just precious.
ReplyDeleteSuch a thought provoking piece, Faye!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous Faye, and I loved to read your thoughts behind your creations!! well done!!
ReplyDeleteLinda
A wonderful piece that made me smile. How true your thoughts on this are.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovley piece ,Faye with so much thought behind it. I particularly like how you've chosen women from two different cultures, integrating.
ReplyDeleteA lovely thought provoking piece.
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderfully inventive with much thought behind it. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI almost missed seeing this beauty!
ReplyDeleteI just love the strength!!!