Today was such a busy, busy day that I only had a short time for art. This Merry Christmas card will really end up as a thank you card since I have already sent out all my cards. The foreground card stock was brushed with Moon Glow Emerald and edged with MG Sepia. I stamped it with my favorite tree by PSX in blue and gold stamp pad and then in green. The girl is an alcohol ink/Sheer Heaven® transfer. I backed this with green card stock before adhering it to the brown card stock. Other entries in the Theme Thursday challenge can be seen here. Enlarge to see the Stickles.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Theme Thursday - brown and green
Today was such a busy, busy day that I only had a short time for art. This Merry Christmas card will really end up as a thank you card since I have already sent out all my cards. The foreground card stock was brushed with Moon Glow Emerald and edged with MG Sepia. I stamped it with my favorite tree by PSX in blue and gold stamp pad and then in green. The girl is an alcohol ink/Sheer Heaven® transfer. I backed this with green card stock before adhering it to the brown card stock. Other entries in the Theme Thursday challenge can be seen here. Enlarge to see the Stickles.
Labels:
Greetings Card,
Theme Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
very nice Faye!!! I love the collage image :)
ReplyDeleteOh Faye this is lovely.
ReplyDeleteGreat vintage christas card. Love them.
gorgeous card,
ReplyDeletelove the trees on the background.
very pretty! I love the trees...Melinda
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely card Faye - and such an interesting method. You are Queen of techniques today!!
ReplyDeleteOh, this is lovely! Cute girl!
ReplyDeleteLG Anke
You've so beautifully captured the depth of trees in the forest in this piece. Love the little one with the tree. It IS difficult to find time for art these days, isn't it?!!
ReplyDeleteAh, Faye, you've made it appear as if she's just trudged out of the forest with her carefully-chosen tree! Simple? Not so simple to get the dimensional effect, I think! Good work.
ReplyDeletethat tree she's carrying is almost the same as the stamp.
ReplyDeletethat image goes so well with those
trees , clever
So very sweet and pretty Faye!
ReplyDeleteSo adorable. Lovely image.
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic Faye! You definitely have a touch with those transfers. Great blending of all the different mediums.
ReplyDeleteEine wunderschöne Karte!!
ReplyDeleteGLG Doris
I love it. Pretty and peaceful.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card Faye!!!
ReplyDeleteStunning card, I love the vintage look.
ReplyDeleteClaire
It's very pretty, Faye!
ReplyDeleteNancy
Really lovely in every way Faye! Have a wonderful holiday! Wishing you and yours all the best in 2009! I am looking forward to more fun and inspiration here in blogland with you! oxo
ReplyDeleteDie Karte ist wunderschön, Faye!!
ReplyDeleteLG Gisela
Beautiful! Love the trees.. Merry Christmas to you dear Faye!
ReplyDelete