Thursday, October 30, 2008

Theme Thursday - Vintage


I liked Tuesday's Sketch Challenge design so much that I've used it rotated around a bit for this Vintage 4x4 I have done for Theme Thursday this week. My background is watercolor paper with various Moon Shadow mists on it. The crinkled paper that looks very purple in this scan (and really isn't that bright) is also Moon Glow products misted on. The lady is my great grandmother who died before I was born. In fact she died when my gmother was only around 6. Her sister married the widower and became the "mother" for two little girls and a little boy.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is really nostalgic.
    Wonderful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful piece. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Faye and it's so lovely to hear a little story behind a photo. Wonderful composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and "arty". The story makes it extra special, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, I loved the story that went along with your beautiful vintage Theme Thursday. Your work is so thoughtful and artistic. Just beautiful.
    (Thanks for your kind comments on my vintage. Yes, my Dad was born in 1894 and almost saw the twentieth century out. He had a keen mind until a few days before he died and a lot of wisdom to pass on.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story was very touching Faye. This is a wonderful piece to honour your GMother x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful vintage card !!!
    great backgrond.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Faye! Way back in April I made an ATC using a pic of my great grandmother...it's one of my favourites...am sure you won't be able to part woth this piece, it's a lovely tribute to a loved member of your family.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.