Wow, this was a tough one for me! The challenge for gothic arches was to make our arch from patchwork made from paper by Cora's method. I tore up pieces of various papers and glued them helter-skelter to a piece of cardstock. Then I took some brick red acrylic paint and spread it all over. Supposedly, I could wipe it right off. However, my paint must have been too thick and it wouldn't rub off. I put the card under the water faucet and washed off much of the red paint. Bits and pieces from some travel brochures and a stamp from Stampin'Up finished off the 3x5 (Skinny) gothic arch.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Gothic Arches - paper patchwork
Wow, this was a tough one for me! The challenge for gothic arches was to make our arch from patchwork made from paper by Cora's method. I tore up pieces of various papers and glued them helter-skelter to a piece of cardstock. Then I took some brick red acrylic paint and spread it all over. Supposedly, I could wipe it right off. However, my paint must have been too thick and it wouldn't rub off. I put the card under the water faucet and washed off much of the red paint. Bits and pieces from some travel brochures and a stamp from Stampin'Up finished off the 3x5 (Skinny) gothic arch.
Labels:
Gothic Arches,
Skinny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The end result is great! I found this a tricky challenge too.
ReplyDeleteFaye this is gorgeous! Hey thanks for the tutorial! I did it! I'll have to ask you for computer assistance more often! :D Marva
ReplyDeleteFabulous design, Faye, love the rich autumnal colours you have used!
ReplyDeleteJudyNZ
Oh wow faye awesome explore wonderful idea! Loved it so much!!
ReplyDeletegreat job my friend!
hugs ginger
Wow Faye this is stunning.
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable arch.
What a lot of work but what a great result! Fantastic.
ReplyDeleteFaye this is gorgeous !love the colours.
ReplyDeletebeautiful background Faye!! love your arch!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful arch love the colours
ReplyDeleteFabulous arch, isn't it the way that sometimes things go wrong to end up better than expected, I enjoyed hearing about your troubles with the paint but it looks stunning.
ReplyDeleteits gorgeous, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteOhhh whow Faye, it's a great arch.
ReplyDeleteLove it.
really a fantastic arch!!
ReplyDeleteFaye its gorgeous a very happy accident...you wouldnt have achieved this if you had tried to...often the accidents turn out so well, as this one did.
ReplyDeletelove your broken glass too.
happy week ahead.
chriss x
wonderful faye...love the colours and the words x
ReplyDeleteI love it. The design and the colors are terrific.
ReplyDeletewonderful arch faye
ReplyDeletegreat arch xxx
ReplyDeleteFaye this looks marvelous..
ReplyDeletelove your arch - fantastic background.
ReplyDeleteWow, the end result is amazing. Beautiful colors.
ReplyDelete