Thursday, October 9, 2008

Theme Thursday Purple 4x4

This week's challenge for Theme Thursday is to do a 4x4 using the color purple. I put PearlEx Misty Lavender and Interference Blue and Perfect Pearls Interference Violet into little spray bottles, added hot water and sprayed them one at a time on heavy cardstock, drying each before adding another one. I used my allium stamp (I think it's Stampin' Up) and Le Plume II colors pale violet and leaf green. The woman and the flowers are from a magazine. The quote is from Alice Walker's "The Color Purple." The full quote is (minus one word): "I think it ---- God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."

15 comments:

  1. Lovely images. You certainly would not walk by and not notice someone in such a fantasy dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful wonderful. Background is fabulous and the lady is surly elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.. Faye what a beautiful card ,so lovely !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Faye... what I'd give for a waist like that, never mind the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is absolutely wonderful.
    Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this very unique piece. It is an imaginative use of purple and has a great sense of energy and fantasy to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi

    This is beautiful!

    I love Purple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore this. If it was a special occasion and someone sent this to me, I would be chuffed all year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this image Faye!!! really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very nice, I adore the flowers, such a great colour, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card. Colours and pictures are wonderful..

    Grats

    Glycée

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.