Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Created by Hand - Pink/Brown

Here is my entry for this week's Created by Hand challenge, whose theme is pink and brown. I have used a satin finished photo paper, sprayed it with a rose alcohol ink and Moon Shadow mists in Gossamer Gold and Phantom Fuchsia. The leaves are brown and rose-pink. I thought this was a fitting 4x4 art to say goodbye to summer, butterflies and flowers and hello to autumn leaves. I personally don't care for this much pink!

19 comments:

  1. beautiful! fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone that is not into pink you did a fabulous job. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Faye...your card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really not a pink person either but this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous.
    Amazing background. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the above - you did a marvellous job with the pink! Love the spray background.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Faye. The more pink the better for me ! Beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is gorgeous Faye! I love that the pink is unexpected. We are so used to the usual colours for leaves. Beautiful arrangement of elements too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Idea with the leafs on the background .
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Faye,

    You did it again. What a wonderfull card!

    with love,

    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wunderschön! Süper Hintergrund.
    LG
    Gitti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Faye, it's very beautiful.Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may not like this much pink, but I think it worked out wonderfully. Love the composition and the sprays you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is wonderfull. Lovely background! (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Faye
    Thanks for the wonderful comments about my recent challenges and other artwork. I've been trying to find a way to e-mail you several times in the past and always come up with stumbling blocks. So I figured I'd leave my e-mail here and if you want you can contact me, so I have yours.
    Take care Yogi
    yogihg@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You might not care for this much pink but I think it looks gorgeous (and I'm not a pink person either).

    ReplyDelete
  17. OmiGOSH Faye, this is SPECTACULAR!! Just LOVE how you've done your background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE PINK..I can NEVER get enough!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.