Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Created by Hand - Dragonflies

Some time ago I showed this dragonfly ATC. Here it is on a card I made for a friend. I placed the ATC on a blue cardstock slightly larger than it was. Then the next layer, slightly larger still, was some gold foil paper. The last layer was the navy cardstock. The background was an old watercolor from a class I took. The dragonfly is my favorite stamp and is  embossed in fine gold powder. The reeds were drawn by hand. Look at the other dragonflies for this Created by Hand challenge here.

17 comments:

  1. very beautiful card !!!
    love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with this card, I love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I love the dragonfly stamp, but can't find one that I really like. I need one! The reeds were the perfect touch.

    About the stamp pads made with fabric paint -- I think you use just plain white felt for the stamp pad itself. She had used hers several times, so it wasn't plain or white anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. water colour background is perfect for a dragonfly.
    lovely art work.
    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the reflective quality of this piece. I can just picture this dragonfly hovering above a pond. Beautiful work, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful card. I also, usually put my ATC's on other projects, such as layouts or cards. They look totally different. Your background is fabulous. thanks for your comment on my daughter's first ATC. She really appreciates it. Regards from Spain. M.Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice stamp on a beautful background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dragonfly. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card...looks like a painting that needs to be framed on placed on a wall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I know the dragon fly stamp I own is well loved, too! Beautiful layers. (ps. Love your crow card in the post below, too)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the reeds and the colours here. I'm not surprised the dragonfly is your favourite stamp. I wish I had one like this it's so delicate.
    SammieJay

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.