Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Doll and Me Gothic Arch

Actually, my favorite doll as a very young child was my real-life baby sister, so I have included her in my entry for "My Doll and Me" challenge. The rag doll was a first grade project I did. The teacher provided the pattern, which we took home and used to make a doll. All the sewing including the lovely embroidery work (LOL) was hand done by me as a 6 year old. Unfortunately, I have no photographs at all of me and a doll together. Here I am (blond hair) shown with my little sister.

My background is done with alcohol inks on cheapo glossy photo paper. Some of the inks are homemade and some are Adirondack.

Other entries into the Gothic Arch challenge for this week can be seen here.

13 comments:

  1. Precious! So sweet with your ds and fabulous handmade treasure!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to personalize your arch with your sister, Faye, I had to make do with a doll as I had neither brother or sister!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow wonderful arch. So beautifuil work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your arch is darling! What a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweet, you and your sister look lovely. Great arch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faye, this is so lovely...in some ways I thought of my little sister as a "doll" too!!! And I adore you 6 year old stitching project!! And now you have a lovely keepsake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the meaning behind this piece. I had one of those real-life baby dolls too! Very personal piece. I invite you to visit my blog and enter my giveaway as a thank you for all of the lovely comments you leave for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo pour cette interprétation !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and meaningful. Thanks for sharing a bit of youself.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.