Thursday, April 13, 2017

Spring in Virginia

View from my livingroom window.
Project from watercolor class this week.
The fox may look better turned 90° to the left.

This is a mixed media piece I did today.
I used inks on a wet watercolor paper for the background.
I added some painted papers I had made with acrylic
paints, used stencils and gold and bronze paints,
and the die cut butterfly. The quote is by Naya Rivera.

Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how
truly beautiful they are but everyone else can.
People are like that as well.
 
Time to party. Join us at Paint Party Friday!




27 comments:

  1. Your mixed media is so lovely, a nice mix! I also love your charming fox!!
    Beautiful view too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling fox and your mixed media piece is gorgeous!!!
    I also love the view out your window and the lovely blue glass collection on your window sill...wonderful post Faye~

    Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fox is really a charming animal.
    And the mixed media piece is lovely with the words !
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy spring to you. I think the fox is adorable. The mixed media piece is lovely and has that spring feel to it too. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful mixed media piece, and the fox is beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing your lovely view from the window.Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous view, lovely work and the butterfly quote is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous post! Love your blue glass and veiw! Your fox is so perfectly adorable! Love your rich mixed media piece too! Great post Faye!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other day I said to a facebook friend that I wish I'd live in a pink city for some time. She showed some photos of pink beauties in her city. You show the same lovely sight today.Thank you. I really like your fox and how it seems he has found a lovely smell to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a delightful view from your livingroom window Faye - and your blue glass collection is lovely. Well done on your fox - a gorgeous painting, and the mixed media piece is wonderful, along with your choice of quote. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely paintings as always, Faye. Beautiful page as well.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pieces again Faye. I like the fox going to the right-he looks like he is moving forward in life-instead of backwards. OK, that's how my strange brain works. :) Have a wonderful Easter. I hope its a beautiful day full of joy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fox looks amazing. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The view from you living room window is lovely. It makes me jealous. The fox is wonderful and your mixed media piece is smashing. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful view from your window Faye. Your fox is finely detailed and so sweet. Love your mixed media piece along with the quote. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That fox is amazing, no matter how you look at it! I like the glass pieces at your window, and the combination of that blue with the beautiful pink blossoms ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful art and view from the window Faye. Happy Paint Party Friday!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh the view out your window is beautiful and I love the glass in the window too ♥ Great art this week. Love the fox at any angle and the mixed media is fantastic ♥♥♥ Have a blessed week !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your fox is wonderful as it is, and no angle change is needed.

    I wonder if a butterfly could actually see its wings in its reflection in water or a window?

    It is true though that some people do know how beautiful they are!

    Thank you for sharing your multimedia piece It is thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely view you have.
    Your fox turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful post, I love the view from your window and your art pieces are favourites, I really love your fox and that mixed media piece is stunning, filled with so much life stirring and so much to tell, a most beautiful quote to go with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The fox is wonderful just as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the fox and mixed media piece..have a lovely easter

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely art pieces, especially the fox. I love foxes. I also like the butterfly quote...very uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute little fox and good watercolor work. The quote is so good for spring and renewal.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow great painting and mixed media piece, i make mixed media to, and cards and paintings and decoupage maybe you like to come.
    i will be a follower of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow...that's a lovely view out your window. :) I enjoyed both of your pieces of artwork. Your fox is so cute and the butterfly is beautiful...love, love, love the quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, I really love both pieces Faye, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.