Thursday, April 6, 2017

Stormy Days

Some weeks go smoothly; some not so much. This
was one of those of the second kind, starting with a
tick on my shoulder. It was a female Lone Star tick, 
not a carrier of Lyme disease, so I felt I could ignore it.
She wasn't stuck in and was a tiny little thing. When the
top left half of my chest became red and hot, I went to the doctor.
She thought she could see tiny bubbles so prescribed meds
for both tick bite and for shingles. Still don't know but
the area is not as inflamed and doesn't itch or hurt now.

Then today we have been under a tornado watch until
just a few minutes ago. Now the sun is out!!!

I went to watercolor class anyway in spite of the itching
at that time. Here is what we did as our project:



The only other art I did since my Saturday class has
been cancelled till May is this card I made using
one of the backgrounds I showed recently.
And this phone doodle:


Thanks to hard working Eva and Kristin we have
this wonderful art gallery every week called
Paint Party Friday. It is always such fun
to visit my internet artist friends each week.

20 comments:

  1. Faye I am so sorry to hear about your tick bite and/or shingles!!! I hope with the medication you are taking that you continue to improve and feel better.
    Your watercolor painting is lovely and that card is beautiful!

    Wishing you only happiness and good health~

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't have shingles Faye. I hear it really painful. I am loving this new spring painting. I am all ready for some green here- but being this far north I need some patience. :) Hope there are no more tornado watches. We're having that storm now and it is pouring. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Faye that is interesting about the tick. Not fun at all but what a reaction you had. A tornado watch? OMGosh.
    I am glad you went to watercolor class, you create such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art. Sorry about the health probs, hope you soon feel better. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Faye, sorry to hear of the inflammation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! I had to read your post to my kids..way to go on the opposite spectrum of happy! So sorry about the tick and the tornado watch! Both scary...glad they are both on the way to being cleared! Stay well my friend! Beautiful artwork! You art so talented with watercolour!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your heart, a tick and then a tornado watch. I'm glad to hear things seem to be getting back to normal. As to your artwork, my favorite piece of yours this week is that gorgeous card you made using the watercolored background. I usually use papers from my collection, but making your own backgrounds for cards is so much more personal. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Faye. Hope your feeling better. Ticks can cause a lot of problems, but hopefully the meds will help. Love your artwork, but my favourite piece is the card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awful to get a tick bite and then all that itching and soreness. I do hope all is well. And thankfully there was no tornado! But you managed some really lovely art. My favorite is the first watercolor-such a serene and beautiful scene. Be well, and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are feeling better already, Faye.
    Love your watercolor art.
    Happy peaceful PPF abd weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel better soon.

    I been battling a flu during March and havent joined PPF for a few weeks but i'm back todat

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally hate all kinds of bug bites - they seem to think I'm quite tasty though, which is annoying! Gorgeous art - happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your phone doodles are amazing. Sorry to hear about your tick-bite. Yuk, I hate those little things. That's the only thing I don't like about warmer weather. Well, except for mosquito's of course ... ;-) Your painting is once again beautiful, and I really like your card and how you did the text.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending you hugs... I hope whatever it is, you feel better by now. Beautiful art dear Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your art is fabulous and I hope you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Faye, tornado warnings for us, too. But, Suffolk escaped both sessions this week. So, I was happy about that but sad for those hit. Sure hope you don't have shingles. I've had them twice (once after I got the shot) guess I'm just prone that way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, gosh, a week of swings from one side of the spectrum to the other. I am sorry to hear about the tic. I hope the area heals quickly. I am glad you went to your class and created!
    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects are lovely! Hope you are feeling better and thankful that the sun came out with no tornadoes. Being from Oklahoma, I know how crazy those can be!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't lived where there are ticks, except they are saying we didn't have enough cold to kill them off, GRIEF. Not sure OK was a great state to move to!!!! Weird. I love your art. . .I have bought some cards so that my quarterly non-computer friends can have a look at my art as I will begin using art when I write them. You have inspired me. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.