Thursday, April 27, 2017

Miscellany

The watercolor class project this week was a yellow
iris. Shading yellow is tricky. I mistakenly added a 
purplish background and completely ruined my piece.
Once home, I added a dark blue over the purple and
did a bit more work on the iris. It improved it a bit.



Then I decided to do another yellow iris without background.


And  one more flower, a purple clematis.


Then just for fun I painted a face in watercolors.

And lastly a birthday card I made using a
Mary Englebret Inc. All Night Media rubber stamp
and some Prismacolors. I added my own lettering
and a few extra stars.
I'm hoping to be able to visit most of the artists
who are joining in on Paint Party Friday,
the weekly art exhibit hosted by Eva and Kristin.




30 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Iris!!!
    Lovely art to see, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Faye these are all just amazing. I do not see any mistakes at all in that first Iris. I know you said you "fixed" it but it is gorgeous as is the second on. I am so taken with you art and being able to create such beauty. Now the birthday card brightened my day because today is my birthday. :) Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art, love that iris. My neighbour has blue ones blooming in his garden just now. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faye, it's been such a long time since I've visited PPF and it's lovely to see your blog looking all shiny and new since I last came by - I like your header and your lovely new photo.

    I think both versions of the Iris look fab - the background does make it pop and it's strange that purple didn't work as they're opposites on the colour wheel, although the indigo/blue looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful pieces of art, Faye. I love them all, and I can't see anything wrong with that Iris. It looks fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an inspiration. With all my orchids I rarely (if ever) sketch or paint them. Your watercolor iris are beautiful. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Iris are beautiful!!! You did a fantastic job on the face also. I could never get the hang of watercolors , perhaps I need to try more. Have a great week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. enjoyed your pieces today, learning about your trial and error with yellow shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your painting : ) I love the dark behind the iris making it pop- and also admire your 2nd yellow iris. I am taking a class too- I have only painted in stamped images, not drawn anything and painted. The details on your face painting are amazing : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your art pieces Faye...every piece is so wonderful!!!
    Your Iris paintings are gorgeous!!!
    You are very talented~

    Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rather like the iris with the blue background. Irises are some of my favorite flowers and you have done a great job.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I think the iris turned out terrific...the combination of blue over the purple is delightful...It gives your iris depth and a bit of movement! Love it! All the paintings are so lovely!! I have always wanted a clematis but never got one when I had the perfect trellis for it at the time!! Now I just enjoy others!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. I truly envy your watercolor ability.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been very busy! I like the combination of the blue with the yellow. there's a lot of depth in that piece....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love your watercolors Faye. I'm not someone who does a good job at getting exact colors, but I know what you mean about shading with yellow. I found once I stopped worrying about matching colors I loved painting more, but I know not everyone is like that. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are positively prolific, Faye! While I'm thinking about painting, you're doing it! Beautiful flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful flowers, and the face too1 Beautiful work, have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your woman is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by my blog Faye!!! The caterpillars are exciting to me and I love sharing their progress. The grandkids loved them the first couple of years but now they are old news to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. lots of great work ;0 the purple mess up actually adds a nice colour value under the blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the flowers are wonderful and nicely shaded! I always have a problem with yellow flowers. They're really tricky to paint I think but yours turned out so nicely! Cute card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful lowers! Love the portrait as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how wonderful your flowers are! I love the first iris especially. Your face is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you are new to watercolors I think you did very well :)

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.